Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Just my Dad's Gelande 2 D90

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    toyolientoyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

It’s been a while since I last updated this build. I’ve been busy working on this and my Hilux trying to get them both finished for the G6 at the end of May.

So, all the metalwork has been etched primered waiting for the top coat, which will be black.

Final fill of the cab joint. Pretty pleased with the outcome.

I also made the decision to take out the stock fuel filler and add in a more scale looking one from Don Jarr. It wasn’t too tricky to do, but did require a bit of cutting inside the rear bed, which I wasn’t too happy about. Much happier with the look now.

Painted up the RC4WD inner fenders. Black lexan paint first of all followed by two coats of bed liner for a more realistic look.

And I finally got round to starting the final colour. Peugeot Seville Orange. I hadn’t got any plans to do much to the interior as it looks pretty good standard, so I just added a few small details.

Here’s the beginning of the final colour.

The last paint job was to add the black details. So, out came an array of masking tapes.

The body is still drying, but here’s how the screen came out. Really pleased.

I then started looking at all the trim pieces and it dawned on me that all the chrome pieces wouldn’t look right with all the black detailing. So, I removed the chrome and primered everything ready for the final black coat tomorrow.

And lastly for now, I picked up this great looking tire strap from Club 5 Racing. It’s really nicely detailed and easy to assemble.

Hopefully the next update will be the final finished truck, so stay tuned…

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Great colour choice 😉

Exactly the colour I used on this 🙂

100 Hybrid (41)

Exactly the colour I used on this.  Top work and great pictures as always.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

toyolientoyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Great colour choice 🙂 Exactly the colour I used on this. Top work and great pictures as always.

Thanks Pete, it is a nice colour.

And here we are. All finished and ready for the G6. Not much to tell, so i’ll just post up the pics:

That’s all for now. Hope to get some action shots from the G6.

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Another beautiful, clean build Neil, top stuff.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Davy CrockettDavy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Cracking build Neil

great colour choice and attention to detail, looks absolutely stunning! 🙂

Al murrayAl murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

absolutely lovely build there, great finish, big fan of the orange Landys too

Al..

toyolientoyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Not much of an update, just a change of wheels and tires. Went for some 1.55 Rock Beasts and RC4WD 1.55 Landies. Looks much better now, i think.

Thanks for looking.

raven62raven62
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Thanks for showing your build.

Great work and colour.

It must be a great pleasure to drive it.

Regards

Ralf

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.