Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds Just a TF2 Hilux Flatbed

This topic contains 83 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by toyolien 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

It’s Amazing!! High level build! It’s very impressive, all the job with metal and with stirene! Congratulations mate. Nice done!

Thank very much, and welcome to the Forum.

Hey! this thread changed section!! 🙂 congrats, very nice and clean work

Thanks very much. I’m really pleased.

Over the weekend I finished off the last few details before next weekends G6 event.

I almost forgot to paint the steering links I made, so they were the first job. I had thought about black, but decided to do them body color.

Also, fitted the shackle reversal kit from A&M Garages.

Next up, the door cards. I know it’s not particularly “Scale” but I intended to hold them in place using the body clip for the door mirror at the top, and maybe a hidden fixing bolt at the bottom. It turns out that the bottom presses nicely against the interior, so the body clip alone is enough.

I’m not a fan of big winch hooks swinging around so, opted for the RC4WD Viking Thimble. Lovely.

And lastly the driver. I really wasn’t sure what I wanted. I had a wrestler wearing a suit. He was a suitable size but I wasn’t a fan of his facial expression! So of came his head. He was also wearing a tie, so I ground that off and filled in the void. I used a Tamiya head (I think it’s from the Sand Scorcher), and shoo gooed it on, after a little paint.

Also added some scale hubs. And we’re done (for now).

And lastly, added some simple lights. I opted for some warm white leds for the headlights.

Someone asked me how the battery fits in, so here’s a pic.

The next update will probably be pics from the G6.

Thanks for looking.

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Another VERY impressive..such a clean and tidy build. G6?? !

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Another VERY impressive..such a clean and tidy build. G6?? !

Thank you. G6 details here:

2018 Recon G6 UK May 26-28th.

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Apologies for another update, but as I was getting everything ready for the G6, I looked at the truck, and thought, “I’m not too happy with that DinkyRC skid”. Not because it’s bad, but just because I modified it to fit the GCM transmission which meant turning it round so that the flat side was at the front. Not ideal, and I just couldn’t leave it alone. So, I found a piece of 2.5mm acetal sheet I bought a while ago for another project and set to work. It’s not perfect, and I’ll probably look at version 2 after the G6, but it’ll do for the weekend.

There’s just enough clearance for 2x Pit Bull PBX A/T’s.

Thanks!

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

This just keeps getting better. I’ll be taking measurements of that skid for one of mine.

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

This just keeps getting better. I’ll be taking measurements of that skid for one of mine.

Thanks Mark. I’ve got version 1 of the skid i used as a template. I’ll bri g it with me tomorrow and you can have it👍

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Thanks Mark. I’ve got version 1 of the skid i used as a template. I’ll bri g it with me tomorrow and you can have it👍

Thanks 😁</p>
    I got to see this today. Pics don’t do this justice. Super clean and it looks like a top end kit brought from a shop it’s that well done.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Have to agree with mark, the pictures just don’t do this justice, it’s really nice built and seemed to be working ok too.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks </p> I got to see this today. Pics don’t do this justice. Super clean and it looks like a top end kit brought from a shop it’s that well done.

Have to agree with mark, the pictures just don’t do this justice, it’s really nice built and seemed to be working ok too.

Thanks very much guys, it was good to meet up with you again. Roll on the Nationals…

Here’s a few pics for last weekends UK Recon G6. What a great event. My first time driving a leaf sprung truck, and I must say I love it. It was really predictable and stable. With the overdrive from the GCM transmission it climb superbly too. I am really happy with how it’s turned out. It’s a little scratched up now, but that all adds to the look I guess…

And a few with my Dad’s D90.

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.