Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds Just a TF2 Hilux Flatbed

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Grasshopper
      • Scale Off Road Pro
      • ★★★★★★

Tut tut, -1 point for being left-hand drive, what country do you live in?

No, seriously it’s a proper beaut! Does the central console storage box actually open, I spy a hinge? Is there a purpose for that?

In my mind a little stinger on the front bumper to shield the top of the winch would look good – not one of those oversize sticky-out ones that looks like it should be on the prow of a boat though.. Just a thought.

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90    Element Enduro D90

toyolien
        • Scale Off Road Pro
        • ★★★★★★

Absolutely stunning work chap. That interior is a thing of beauty.

Thanks very much. I’ve lost many hours on this thing, as i’m sure you have on your builds…

Tut tut, -1 point for being left-hand drive, what country do you live in? No, seriously it’s a proper beaut! Does the central console storage box actually open, I spy a hinge? Is there a purpose for that? In my mind a little stinger on the front bumper to shield the top of the winch would look good – not one of those oversize sticky-out ones that looks like it should be on the prow of a boat though.. Just a thought.

LHD just looks better. Well that’s my excuse. When i think of LHD i think of dusty, rocky deserts and miles and miles of off road trails, and when i think of RHD i think of Sunday bimblers, speed cameras and no off trails.

I toyed with a stinger and i added one to the blue Hilux i built, so i just decided to be different on this one. We’ll see how it looks once it’s painted.

You are right about the centre console. It does open, to allow access to program the ESC:

Grasshopper
          • Scale Off Road Pro
          • ★★★★★★

Great stuff. Comments well parried and taken on board, I would argue that Australia are RHD and have near endless miles of dusty, desert trails though, just to be bellicose and obstructive in a (hopefully) amusing manner 🙂

Love the console idea for the ESC. This is shaping up to be a fantastic partner for your blue meanie.

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90    Element Enduro D90

toyolien
            • Scale Off Road Pro
            • ★★★★★★

I concede, you are right about Oz. I just have a life long appreciation for all things American i guess. I’m hoping this one will be a good alternative to the blue Hilux. Then i need to stop building stuff and do some work in the garden… scale course of course…

mark
              • Scale Off Road Pro
              • ★★★★★★

Looks fantastic. If you fancy a RHD Toyota the 4 door Hilux interior is RHD and at about £46 you get all the etched metal components included.

toyolien
                • Scale Off Road Pro
                • ★★★★★★

Looks fantastic. If you fancy a RHD Toyota the 4 door Hilux interior is RHD and at about £46 you get all the etched metal components included.

Thanks Mark. I didn’t know the 4 dr interior was RHD. I’ll have a look at it. I fancy a 4dr Hilux, but i must refrain from starting another build. I can’t cope with 4 hours sleep a night for much longer….

toyolien
                  • Scale Off Road Pro
                  • ★★★★★★

And so this build is almost at an end. I’ve still got a few little jobs to to such as add a driver, scale hubs and a winch hook etc, but it’s as good as finished.

The winch fitted to the bumper.

While I was waiting for the paint to dry I fitted this shackle reversal kit from A&M Garages.

And here’s the final color.

Thanks for looking.

Sysop
                  Retrocosm
                    • Scale Off Road Pro
                    • ★★★★★★

This really is an exemplary build, so many high level skills on show and beautifully photographed and documented, an absolute joy to read through the thread. As such I have moved it to the Forum’s Finest Builds category.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook

toyolien
                      • Scale Off Road Pro
                      • ★★★★★★

This really is an exemplary build, so many high level skills on show and beautifully photographed and documented, an absolute joy to read through the thread. As such I have moved it to the Forum’s Finest Builds category.

Wow Charlie, thank you very much. With so many good builds going on these days I’m honoured to have mine selected. I promised myself i wouldn’t build another truck for a while as they’re so time consuming (as you know), however, my mind is already planning others. But i think I’ll get some use out of these for the summer months at least.

Sysop
                      Retrocosm
                        • Scale Off Road Pro
                        • ★★★★★★

You’re more than welcome, I consulted with Pete and we both agreed it was well deserved 🙂

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook

Pete
                          • Scale Off Road Pro
                          • ★★★★★★

Yep, well deserved, it’s a lovely example of Hilux and very well executed. I also know that it will get driven as it was ment to be.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

mark
                            • Scale Off Road Pro
                            • ★★★★★★

Congratulations, stunning build. I can see this doing well in the show and shine at the G6.

toyolien
                              • Scale Off Road Pro
                              • ★★★★★★

Yep, well deserved, it’s a lovely example of Hilux and very well executed. I also know that it will get driven as it was ment to be.

Thank you Pete, much appreciated. And, yes, it’s going to be used as it should. Gently at first though…

Congratulations, stunning build. I can see this doing well in the show and shine at the G6.

Than you Mark. I’m looking forward to the G6. Seems like it’s going to be a good weekend. I just hope the courses are a little more ‘Scale’ friendly…

Felipe
                                • Looking For Mud

It’s Amazing!! High level build! It’s very impressive, all the job with metal and with stirene! Congratulations mate. Nice done!

ScaleAddict
                                  • Scale Off Road Pro
                                  • ★★★★★★

Hey! this thread changed section!! 🙂 congrats, very nice and clean work

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.