Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds Just a TF2 Hilux Flatbed

This topic contains 83 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by toyolien 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks very much. I always vent my tyres for a couple of reasons. 1) i think being vented allows them to conform to the terrain better and 2) not being vented makes the tires bounce more and i don’t think that looks as realistic. Just my opinion though, I’m sure others would do different ?

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I certainly wouldn’t worry about those wheel weights, I run twice as much, if not more.

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I certainly wouldn’t worry about those wheel weights, I run twice as much, if not more.

That’s good to know as I may end up adding more weight!!!

Another job ticked off the (long) list. I had an idea in my head of how wanted the sliders to look, and I’m pretty happy with how they’ve turned out. I’ve recently started drawing out the shape of the bends I want to make, and it’s definitely made it a whole lot easier to work out where to mark the tubes.

The last major job is to make the front bumper. I’m just waiting on a couple of bits, then I’ll get started on that.

Al murray
    Al murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

ooh those are nice.. what sort of cost is in one of those commissions Toyolien?   wouldnt mind something like that for my Ascender now its getting the Wrangler body..

Al..

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

ooh those are nice.. what sort of cost is in one of those commissions Toyolien? wouldnt mind something like that for my Ascender now its getting the Wrangler body.. Al..

Thanks Al. These two took 3-4 hours to actually make but i spent another few hours looking at the truck and figuring exactly how i was going to make them. So I’m not sure i could put a fair price on them. I’d love to do a few commissions but my time is limited at the moment. I do all my build stuff after my two young daughters are asleep.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Tonight I tackled the door panels. I struggle with styrene. I don’t think I have enough patience so i’m glad they’re done.

Started with some simple window winders.

And here they are. Not too bad, and i’m sure they’ll look better once painted.

I think that’s the last of the styrene. On to the front bumper next…

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Absolutely stunning work on every level, I need a drooling emoji.

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Having got to stare at your last Hilux for a weekend I hope I get to see this next month.

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Having got to stare at your last Hilux for a weekend I hope I get to see this next month.

Thanks Mark. I’m really trying hard to get it finished without rushing it. Even at the expense of not seeing my wife much! So I’m hoping it’ll be ready, but if not I’ll bring it anyway ?

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Stunning work

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Stunning work

Thanks very much.

I’m desperately trying to get this finished for the UK G6 at the end of may and rapidly running out of time… Anyway, I made a simple spare wheel mount. Not the best, but it will do just fine. I do have a tire strap to fit on which will make it look a little better.

Etch primered this pile of metalwork ready for the top coat.

And, finally made up a simple winch bumper.

Test fitting the Warn winch.

And here’s how it looks on the truck.

I wanted to improve the approach angle as much as possible, so I recessed the winch into the grille as much as I could.

Next up should finally be the painting. I’ve already made a start on the interior, wheel wells and the flatbed. Pics to follow… Thanks for looking.

jimbo_wa
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve said it before – lovely work and great craftsmanship.

You deserve a Gold Star!

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve said it before – lovely work and great craftsmanship. You deserve a Gold Star!

Thanks very much.  :o)

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Small update.
    As I did on my last build I decided to take the easy route with the inner fenders and just use a plastic tub. Seems to work ok, although it’s not particularly 1:1.

The interior is almost done, bar a few details. And, I guess it now gives my body color choice away. I also decided to use the RC4WD PRP seats instead of the Axial seats, as they are just over half the weight. Here it is:

That’s all for now. Thanks for taking a look.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Absolutely stunning work chap.  That interior is a thing of beauty.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.