Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Just a Power Wagon for some Fun!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by toyolien 4 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

As much as I love my 2 Hilux builds, I miss a really capable truck. So, when Axial announced their builders kit, I decided to build up a Class 2 truck. The premise of this build is 1) Capable, and 2) Simple.

Having looked at a lot of build threads on forums and Instagram I decided to go for a Proline Power Wagon body. I think I’m going to paint it inside and out, but more on that later in the build.

I went with some SSD Pro44 axles, and I have a spare GCM scale transmission so decided to use that for 2 reasons. 1) to keep things low so I can get a simple interior in, and 2) to get overdrive to the front axle.

Here’s how the truck looks loosely assembled.

So, I set to work on a simple rear cage.

That’s where I’m up to so far. Next up will probably be some sort of simple front bumper. I’m going to add a fairlead just in case I want to add a servo winch at a later date.

M and M
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Loving the concept and great metal work as always! RC nerds have excellent quality interior stuff for the Powerwagon

Although polishing the instrument glass IS a bind!

(you can just make it out on the 1500 grade paper)

I just made a simple bench seat with balsa attached to the back of the cab..and a couple of tool boxes to hide the transmission.

Looking forward to more of this.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Serious envy here, this is exactly the sort of build I’d envisioned but don’t have the skills to execute. It’s going to be a superb performer as well with that combinations of axles and overdrive via the LRT2.

So looking forward to seeing this come together.

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Loving the concept and great metal work as always! RC nerds have excellent quality interior stuff for the Powerwagon  Although polishing the instrument glass IS a bind!  (you can just make it out on the 1500 grade paper) I just made a simple bench seat with balsa attached to the back of the cab..and a couple of tool boxes to hide the transmission.  Looking forward to more of this.

Thank you. I have looked at the RCNerd stuff, and as great as it looks, by the time i’d added the stuff i wanted to the basket on Shapeways, it came to nearly £90! So, i’ll probably just fab up a simple interior, as my intention with this truck is on performance. We’ll see when i get to that part i guess.

Serious envy here, this is exactly the sort of build I’d envisioned but don’t have the skills to execute. It’s going to be a superb performer as well with that combinations of axles and overdrive via the LRT2. So looking forward to seeing this come together.

Thanks Charlie. I’m hoping it will perform well. My friend has just bought a TRX4, so as long as it keeps with that i’ll be happy…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.