This topic contains 57 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Fourth Protocol 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Got the detail done on the Cummins, which just needs paint now. And I made an air filter :-)

engine05.jpg

Disco Fred
    Disco Fred
    • Hitting The Trail
    • ★★★

this looks sweet!

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Started cleaning the body up, and made holes for high-tech door handles. This is going on hold for a bit because I’ve really got to get my other trucks done or I’ll be watching the nationals on YouTube ::eek

fullbody01.jpg

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

The Raider needs a whole heap of soldering, which I’ll do on Saturday, so I managed a little more time on this one (was too lazy to swap out the Raider’s 1.7 tires). Still needs work on the roof, but got a window sized and cut, and made some crash bars.

windowbars01.jpg

steviedee
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

some awesome work right there bud, keep it up ::thumb:: :wow:

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Got a bit of time on this today. Grill is taking shape.

grill05.jpg

grill06.jpg

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Everything’s taking shape. I took inspiration from the way you did the fenders/engine and built my battery box rear inner wings as a unit on Peter the beater which made my life much easier :cheers:

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Just had another look and only see the posh interior – photos? Hey I’m see it in two weeks anyway lol

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Fourth Protocol wrote:
    Just had another look and only see the posh interior – photos? Hey I’m see it in two weeks anyway lol

I’ll do an update pic later.

Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wasn’t too keen on the reference photo but your take on the scale version is bloody brilliant!
    Great job so far, as always :)

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Oh How Original wrote:
    Wasn’t too keen on the reference photo but your take on the scale version is bloody brilliant! Great job so far, as always :)

Thanks :blush: It’s going to be way too fragile to be anything other than a poser trail truck, but just adding stuff I think might be cool, if not quite realistic. It’ll be unique, at least :-) Just picked up a lazer so I can play around with a faux range finder to go with the hatch on the roof.

Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Fourth Protocol wrote:
    Oh How Original wrote:
    Wasn’t too keen on the reference photo but your take on the scale version is bloody brilliant! Great job so far, as always :)

Thanks :blush: It’s going to be way too fragile to be anything other than a poser trail truck, but just adding stuff I think might be cool, if not quite realistic. It’ll be unique, at least :-) Just picked up a lazer so I can play around with a faux range finder to go with the hatch on the roof.

To be fair, a lot of trucks people build are too fragile to take a beating, but they’re still fun for videoing, photoing and just admiring and even modifying and adding stuff to at a later date :)
    It really make me want to start something, but then I just lose all focus after a few hours :(

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Cleaned up the body a bit. Smoothed over the fuel cap, added filler where it was needed, and straightened out some of the cuts I’d made. Oh, and got rid of the spare tyre attachment thing.

The real work’s been happening on the back fenders. They did my head in, and I’ve now constructed six of them to get to this (only one side so far):

fullbody02.jpg

This back fender is good and bad. Good, because it took me a while to work out the height I needed for the effect I wanted – The Jeep needs to look fast, like it wants to go. And that I managed by making the rear fenders lower than the front.

The bad part is that it’s too complex and fragile.

WheelArches14.jpg

Had to build it out the hard way to figure that one out. So there’ll be a seventh and eighth fender, because I’m re-doing the rear ones. Again ::doh::

And when I stripped the body back down I suddenly panicked about the “50% of the body must be intact” rule (entered this build into the SBG build-off).

fullbody03.jpg

Good thing I kept all the off-cuts. I’m still going to weigh it all up to be sure, but I think I’m safe. If it’s not in the image below (seats, dash, doors and roof) it’s because it will be on the final version.

fullbody04.jpg

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Glad to see this back. I’m sure there’s a few builds that aren’t 50% last times winner comes to mind and doubling an fj ::eek

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Sooo spending half the weekend watching two economists getting married doesn’t make for much progress, but FINALLY got the back fenders done, bar some filler and sanding.

fullbody05.jpg

Looks like a police car, but it won’t be – black is not the final color.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.