Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds JK Build Inspired By Fourth Protocol

This topic contains 90 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I did some detailing on the dash, used a silver Sharpie. Any idea how to do the dials?

p1020446.jpg

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Some general progress. I’m getting used to the green now, I think with the black toning it down a bit it works, just.

p1020477.jpg

p10204921.jpg

p1020489.jpg

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’m bored with the colour of mine. I want nuclear green on mine too ::cool Question though – what’s that black stuff you have going along the top of the dash?

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That greens a grower. When I 1st picked up Bills jeep I had to stick in the attic for a while till I could get used to it. It’s weird in a lit room but outside its not so offensive.

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Fourth Protocol wrote:
    I’m bored with the colour of mine. I want nuclear green on mine too ::cool Question though – what’s that black stuff you have going along the top of the dash?

Hehe, you noticed that eh! Slight miscalculation, it’s hot glue that I used to secure the bottom of the windscreen, I thought it would be obscured by the top of the dash :blush:

Charlie

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    mark wrote:
    That greens a grower. When I 1st picked up Bills jeep I had to stick in the attic for a while till I could get used to it. It’s weird in a lit room but outside its not so offensive.

Yep, definitely a grower, after the initial shock of it looking nothing like the colour of the can cap!

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I delved into the Axial parts box and knocked up this replacement ‘door’ from a slider and a Honcho bumper. Needs cleaning up and I can’t decided whether to keep the metal piece or not.

p1020499.jpg

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Not a fan of the metal bit. Looks a bit like mad max but massive kudos for the other bit :worthy:

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Yes, I know what you mean, it’s a little incongruous isn’t it.

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Without the metal.

p1020502.jpg

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Might pinch that :whistle:

Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I think it looks best without the metal, but it also looks a bit low.
    Not to criticise or anything, I couldn’t do anything that good lol, just my opinion.
    Very creative idea though and I personally love the green.
    When the cage and wheels/tyres are on, that should look quite aggressive… Looks good, I like it!

Al murray
    Al murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Think the metals too bright.. have you tried painting it black and fitting it? that may help

Al..

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Oh How Original wrote:
    I think it looks best without the metal, but it also looks a bit low.
    Not to criticise or anything, I couldn’t do anything that good lol, just my opinion.
    Very creative idea though and I personally love the green.
    When the cage and wheels/tyres are on, that should look quite aggressive… Looks good, I like it!

No problem, criticism is good, I still feel like a beginner at this game compared to other builds here ::thumb::

I agree it looks too low, that’s what led me to add the metal bit. I was also going to try and incorporate some netting.

Charlie

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Al murray wrote:
    Think the metals too bright.. have you tried painting it black and fitting it? that may help

Al..

I did wonder about that as a good compromise as the metal does add structural rigidity.

In the end what I might do is just employ the talents of someone who can build me some nicely brazed custom doors hehe!

Charlie

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.