Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Jeremy Clarkson's Top Gear Bolivian Range Rover

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Sysop
    • Topics 120
    • Replies 1566
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

A few more jobs completed, I’ve made some head rests for the front seats and installed the seats in the truck. I made some wells in the floor pan to drop the seats into to try to lower them to the correct height. It also helps to secure them in place. Pete has kindly 3D printed me an era appropriate steering wheel so I’ll get that painted and installed and then I need to sort out the transmission tunnel.

P1110535

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Fourth ProtocolFourth Protocol
    • Topics 66
    • Replies 1362
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Really good job on that 😃 The interior it comes with is flimsy and half-baked. I should do a better one for mine too…

Sysop
    • Topics 120
    • Replies 1566
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Really good job on that 😃 The interior it comes with is flimsy and half-baked. I should do a better one for mine too…

Ooops, 4 months since I was last here, not good.  Agreed about the interior, but it’s a good basis to work around.

So, I thought it was about time I got back on this build.  The next job up was the interior protection frame that was installed during the team’s ‘cue the music’ garage scene in La paz.

You don’t get to see a great deal of it during the show so I’ve had to work from screengrabs as best I could and make an approximation.  I think it’s pretty close.  I also added in a suitably saggy roof liner before fitting the frame.

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 18.11.08Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 17.54.20

IMG_4871P1110826P1110804P1110808P1110799P1110794P1110792P1110788

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

markmark
    • Topics 45
    • Replies 1537
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That cage is fantastic, is it metal?

Sysop
    • Topics 120
    • Replies 1566
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That cage is fantastic, is it metal?

Thanks, I wish. No it’s styrene tube with piano wire inside. Don’t need it to be structural so nice and light instead.

markmark
    • Topics 45
    • Replies 1537
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Super clean work, I thought it was metal.

Sysop
    • Topics 120
    • Replies 1566
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Progress is painfully slow on this one. My engine arrived from MrCommaD, it’s not quite the right model being a V8 but it should give roughly the right look through the bonnet peepholes. I’ve painted it and weathered it and now I need to think about all the other wires and pipes and tanks etc that are required.

IMG_5134

I took the opportunity to paint the blue Savox servo so it’s not quite as conspicuous.  I’ve also started on the winch.  I had one of those cheap Chinesium copies of the RC4WD Warn winch so I set about chopping that up to try and make it look like the Superwinch on the original.  I chopped the top off, put a couple of bars across and added a plate and fairlead which I painted blue.  I just need to build a housing for the top and it should look fairly similar.

IMG_5133

winch

IMG_5139

I’ve also added a spare wheel and tyre and the yellow Pelican case that the crew used in all the vehicles for the audio/video equipment.

IMG_5126

pelican

BTW, I have absolutely no idea where the electronicky bits are going.

MarkBMarkB
    • Topics 6
    • Replies 84
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

That looks amazing! Fantastic work, I love it

SARGESARGE
    • Topics 17
    • Replies 160
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

This is brilliant. Superb work my friend…

Sysop
    • Topics 120
    • Replies 1566
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That looks amazing! Fantastic work, I love it

Thank you Mark 🙂

This is brilliant. Superb work my friend…

Hey Sarge!  Thank you 🙂

I’m hoping now that home schooling has come to an end I can crack on with this.  Can’t believe I’ve been stuck at home so much yet unable to make any progress on my builds!

Sysop
    • Topics 120
    • Replies 1566
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I thought I’d try out Myfaceonafigure, a service where you can upload a head shot and have a scale figure made of yourself.  Obviously no one wants to see my face any more than is necessary so I instead uploaded a picture of Jeremy Clarkson to see how it would come out.  The answer is OK, it kinds of looks like him from some angles and it obviously looks more like him than just some generic model.

I decapitated a figure I had of Picard from Star Trek so I could add Jeremy’s head.  Although Jeremy is tall, he stoops and when driving and his head sinks into his shoulders as in this picture.  You can also see his shoulders sit just below the height of the head rest.

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 17.56.10

So here’s looksabitlikejeremyfromsomeanglesbutnotreally in place.  I’ve chopped off most of his backside and his thighs so he looks like he’s sunk into the seat a little.  He fits, just.  The head came with grey hair and I’ve used some wash to darken it down and need to do a bit more.

P1110895

P1110859P1110842

GrasshopperGrasshopper
    • Topics 30
    • Replies 639
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

It’s so weird how that simultaneously looks like him and also not like him! Maybe a bit too baby-faced, needs more wrinkles and fag stains 🙂

This was a slow burner but must be on the last stages now. Next up: May’s Suzuki?

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

markmark
    • Topics 45
    • Replies 1537
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Almost Clarkson looks strangely good in some pics. I go away and have another look and it looks right. Then I have a look and think nah. It’s amazing how far the worlds come since Dready’s build, I’d buy him though.

Sysop
    • Topics 120
    • Replies 1566
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

It’s so weird how that simultaneously looks like him and also not like him! Maybe a bit too baby-faced, needs more wrinkles and fag stains 🙂

This was a slow burner but must be on the last stages now. Next up: May’s Suzuki?

I think some bushy eyebrows might help, I’ll get some fluff out of the tumbler 😉 I think this sets the record for my slowest build, I do have the Samurai body but need an injection of motivation.

Almost Clarkson looks strangely good in some pics. I go away and have another look and it looks right. Then I have a look and think nah. It’s amazing how far the worlds come since Dready’s build, I’d buy him though.

Weird isn’t it, so close yet not quite there.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.