Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Jeremy Clarkson's Top Gear Bolivian Range Rover

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Grasshopper
      • Scale Off Road Pro
      • ★★★★★★

Awesome stuff! The colour has definitely bedded in a bit and the writing looks great. Fantastic weathering as usual. Can’t wait to see the interior and Driver – speaking of which, found any figures that’ll fit the bill? I’m guessing the Captain Spaulding figure would have the right height but tricky to ‘clarkson-ify’ the face…

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90    Element Enduro D90

Sysop
      Retrocosm
        • Scale Off Road Pro
        • ★★★★★★

Thanks fella, for drivers I’ve been looking at the Pacino figure Dready used on his but the ones I’ve found on Ebay so far have been too expensive.  Currently thinking about this Chevy Chase one but can’t find any in the UK:-

cc

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook

mark
          • Scale Off Road Pro
          • ★★★★★★

This is just getting better and better, I can’t wait to see the next stage ?

Mark is right. For a change. Exactly what he said.

Your trolling the wrong Mark. We need rolling around the floor emojis ?

Your doing a cracking job on this.

Sysop
          Retrocosm
            • Scale Off Road Pro
            • ★★★★★★

Cheers Mark.

We’re getting busy at work so progress has slowed somewhat.  I’ve done some more work on the rear, adding the license plate and holder.  I keep having to take crappy low light pictures, hopefully I’ll get some decent ones soon.

P1110495

Put the dashboard in also with license plate.

P1110498

And started work on the front inner fenders.

P1110502

Pete
              • Scale Off Road Pro
              • ★★★★★★

Looking fantastic as usual Charlie.

Do you still need a steering wheel?

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Sysop
              Retrocosm
                • Scale Off Road Pro
                • ★★★★★★

Looking fantastic as usual Charlie. Do you still need a steering wheel?

Thanks Pete, yes I do thank you. I’ve just started thinking properly about the interior, I’ll PM you.

Sysop
                Retrocosm
                  • Scale Off Road Pro
                  • ★★★★★★

The JSScale kit doesn’t come with any windy wipers so I knew I’d have to make some.  Earlier in the week we had something delivered and it came in one of those heavy duty boxes with the large staples down one side.  I was about to throw it out when for some reason my brain thought, mmmm, wipers.

So I nabbed the staples and kept them aside.  I had a scratch around in the parts box and found some Defender wipers which were of course far too small however I clipped off the mount part, straightened out the staples and glued them on and then cut out some strips of styrene for blades.

Once assembled, painted and covered in dust I think they work pretty well.

IMG_3713

IMG_3716

I also painted the inner fenders and mounted them.

IMG_3714

Fourth Protocol
                    • Scale Off Road Pro
                    • ★★★★★★

Way more yes than Mark says. You have a skill ?

Sysop
                    Retrocosm
                      • Scale Off Road Pro
                      • ★★★★★★

Way more yes than Mark says. You have a skill ?

Thank you sir 🙂

Sysop
                      Retrocosm
                        • Scale Off Road Pro
                        • ★★★★★★

This weekend I’ve done some work on the door cards for the front doors.  The interior kit from JSScale has door trims for the original Range Rover and Clarkson’s is a circa 1983 model with a completely different design.  I finally found a decent shot of Clarkson’s as below:-

Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 20.34.34

I trimmed off the details from the JSScale door cards and sprayed the parts that would be exposed in the Masai Red.  I then set about creating the bits I needed.

IMG_3720

IMG_3722

I made up a handle and then used a mixture of Tamiya paints to try to recreate the wood trim at the top.  It just about works, I then of course had to add the helpful detail from James May on the driver’s door.

Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 20.33.24

Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 20.32.41

P1110510

Fourth Protocol
                          • Scale Off Road Pro
                          • ★★★★★★

That’s the kind of detail that’s memorable ? You research your builds more than anyone else I know of!!

Sysop
                          Retrocosm
                            • Scale Off Road Pro
                            • ★★★★★★

That’s the kind of detail that’s memorable ? You research your builds more than anyone else I know of!!

Thank you, it’s getting a little obsessive again isn’t it :-0

I’ve made some more progress on the interior.  I’ve put the arches and rear bed together, sprayed and weathered and also painted and manked up the seats.

P1110516P1110513

I’ve also got the door trims in and started working on the cabin floor.

P1110528

andyburnie89
                              • Hitting The Trail
                              • ★★★

Fantastic work ?

If at first you don’t succeed, lower your standards.

MarkB
                                • Trailing And Scaling
                                • ★★★★

Love it, love it, love it, those seats are amazing, they look like they’ve been made straight out of Solihull cow. Unbelievable tekkers

Sysop
                                Retrocosm
                                  • Scale Off Road Pro
                                  • ★★★★★★

Fantastic work ?

Thank you 🙂

Love it, love it, love it, those seats are amazing, they look like they’ve been made straight out of Solihull cow. Unbelievable tekkers

Cheers hehe, thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.