Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds It's a Transitory thing.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by ScaleAddict 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

So as I can’t get any enthusiasm together for any of my existing projects I started another one, you know as you do.

I purchased the files to print this over a year ago, but at the time my printer wasn’t really big enough to print it at the size I wanted, the original size is about 1:10.5 where as pretty much everything else I have is around 1:9.

Having finally worn the printer out, I rebuilt it and took the opportunatey to enlarge it’s print capacity.

20190721_160911

Finally I could print this at the size I wanted, the great thing about having 3d printable models is that you can really easily scale them up.  So I scaled up by 15% to give the wheelbase (290mm) I want for the chassis I am putting this on, and over the last week have printed all the main components and assembled they.

Today saw me sanding, filling, priming and so by lunch time I had this,20190824_153542

and late this afternoon I had this.

20190824_170611

I need to re-work the rear end as it is to flat and make some new rear light clusters. I am also modifying the grill and have already moved the filler cap to the correct side. I have plans for some sort of interior too.

I am aiming for something similar to this but with a 4×4 conversion.

ebay332824

Yes, I know the MK1 never had a 4×4 option but the MK2 did and all the running gear fits.

Probably going to use a Carisma Sca-1E chassis and gear box as I have them, but will put it on SCX-10II axles with leaf springs.

Thanks as ever for looking in,

more as it happens.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow!! I’m looking forward to seeing this take shape!!

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Ah, the memories of seeing these Transits all over the place. What a time to be alive. Can’t beat a 4wd van.

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

These and Minis everywhere you looked.  I never realised they did a 4wd version, I’m really looking forward to seeing this progress.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Al murray
    Al murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

looks interesting.. what size of build plate do you have on the printer now?

Al..

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow!! I’m looking forward to seeing this take shape!!

Cheers, The sanding and filling is still going on at the moment.🤢

Ah, the memories of seeing these Transits all over the place. What a time to be alive. Can’t beat a 4wd van.

These and Minis everywhere you looked. I never realised they did a 4wd version, I’m really looking forward to seeing this progress.

We used to have a MK1 Horse box and ever since I have had a softspot for them. I would love to find a 3d printable classic mini as I could then do a replica of my first car.

Charlie the 4×4 versions from MKII on were special order and were called counties, The utility companys used them mostly.

looks interesting.. what size of build plate do you have on the printer now? Al..

Cheers Al, I now have a 300 by 300 bed although I can only do 300 x280 x 350 prints at the moment due to the position of the extruder.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Another week goes by and I only managed a couple of small bits.

Got all the light lenses printed and painted

20190908_180121

Worked out how to make the axles leaf sprung and built up the front one.

20190908_180221

And got the final paint scheme sorted, just need to finish modifying the grill before I put the white on the front.

20190908_180247

Still need to build the chassis/drive train, make / install an interior and finish modifying the rear.

Want this done for the nationals in October so I am going to have to pull my finger out.

damohick
    damohick
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

This is very cool Pete, I’m sure your awesome fab work will be present … look forward to seeing the progress at the nationals!

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

very nice. following

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.