Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds Indiana Clarksons Range Rover Classic

This topic contains 163 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 164 total)
  • Author

Neil
    • Crawler Pro

Thought I best do a Build Thread for this.
    I was lucky enough to be in a Position to get hold of one of these.
    It’s Currently on route and hopefully will be here this week.

Plans are to use an RC4wd Gelande 2 Chassis and running gear.

I’ve Always wanted to build Clarksons Range Rover from the Bolivia Expedition.
    I’m going to go with the Modified Version Lifted, bigger wheels etc blah de blah.
    To fit into Class 1 Specifications

Now i’m no Range Rover Anorak the first thing that I need is a PaintCode or name for the Red if anyone can help with that i’d be very greatfull.

Other problem I have is the Black 10 hole wheels.
    Rc4wd Pro 10’s are close but are 6 lug and well its not the done thing.
    Any ideas anyone?
    Short of getting something custom made which I can do but would rather not.

more very soon.

Attachments:
    igbandy
    igbandy
    • Scaling Like A Pro

http://www.dingocroft.co.uk/acatalog/paint97.htm

I think that it might be Masai red, but my eyesight with specific colour`s isnt that great.

Tuffoffroad
    • Scaling Like A Pro

Rpm do a wheel called the revolver but there in 2.2 size and plastic also hpi do the exact bfg tyre but there shoRt course stuff i guess you could cut and shut some down to 1.9 or flat irons are the samIsh pattern ?

Anonymous
    • Looking For Mud

I bet you could make some out of styrene! :)

Anonymous
    • Looking For Mud

Only things I can think of would be to cut the wheel centre out and put a new piece of metal in and then re-drill for the 1.9 5 lug hexs from RC4WD (these) you could probably get away with just doing the front part of the wheel and just drilling the rears to suit. Alternatively silver solder up the existing holes and re-drill again to suit the 5 lug hex.

muddydisco
    • Hitting The Trail

I agree with Andy Masai Red

LR139-11-8075m-01_zpsf3ffbce2.jpg

Neil
    • Crawler Pro
    Pete Attryde wrote:
    Only things I can think of would be to cut the wheel centre out and put a new piece of metal in and then re-drill for the 1.9 5 lug hexs from RC4WD (these) you could probably get away with just doing the front part of the wheel and just drilling the rears to suit. Alternatively silver solder up the existing holes and re-drill again to suit the 5 lug hex.

I think your right
    I was considering the sdi ones with a positive offset, there 5 lug and pretty close in design

Neil
    • Crawler Pro
    muddydisco wrote:
    I agree with Andy Masai Red

LR139-11-8075m-01_zpsf3ffbce2.jpg

I think your both right.

Anonymous
    • Looking For Mud
    T-4unner wrote:
    Pete Attryde wrote:

I think your right
    I was considering the sdi ones with a positive offset, there 5 lug and pretty close in design

Would that be this style (these are the -5 ones)

DSC_4251_zps9ef9da59.jpg

I think it would be worth the work involved in modifying the pro 10’s :whistle:

Neil
    • Crawler Pro
    Pete Attryde wrote:
    T-4unner wrote:
    Pete Attryde wrote:

I think your right

Would that be this style (these are the -5 ones)

DSC_4251_zps9ef9da59.jpg

I think it would be worth the work involved in modifying the pro 10’s :whistle:

Will have to wait till those discs are back in stock.

amellor03
    amellor03
    • Crawler Pro

Seriously jealous of this build of only they were cheaper shells

Anonymous
    • Looking For Mud

As an alternative to the Discs, these are in stock :- 5 bolt hexs

Anonymous
    • Looking For Mud

GCM do some 5stud wheels and have the slot mags that are very similar to the wolfrace ones i had on my old RR. Also do a 8 hole one too
    http://gcmracing.ca/viewitem.php?productid=83
    I may go with a gcm chassis again too as i like my other two cross canyons. Or there is the axial CONVERSION combo at a decent price.

Anonymous
    • Looking For Mud

There should be a law against putting anything axial under a body like that…… Haha

Anonymous
    • Looking For Mud

Wooo hoooo mine has arrived todaY safe and sound, oh boy its big and its very very nice. Has a couple of little blemishes to be filled but overall its very good. Cant wait to get cracking with this. Build thread will be starting soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.