Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Ice Cream Rocks

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by mark 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

So the G6 specs an alien not of this planet and must be attached to a scale adventure vehicle.

I’m not about to ruin the looks of a Blazer or Hilux to fulfil that option so I’ve removed the post van and built another body.

Last year the post van took some heat at the G6 from a few calling it an ice cream van so I’m obliging.

I originally wanted the little alien from Toy Story but the local geeky shop didn’t have one so I have this odd looking erm alien.

Untitled by mhnhaven[/url], on Flickr

So its summer and I like eating ice cream, usually on the school run so the wife and kids don’t find out.

Ice cream tuck in 4×4 it is. I found this image after I cut out the sides so I must be in tune with my inner Google some how.

I wanted to do a Divco truck but time is very short at a week before the event.

Simple floor on my RC4WD G2

The side.

Glued together.

Inner structure and battery tray.

Made a simple bonnet that lifts up.

I’ll update with pics of the inside but its currently tapped up for paint which should happen tomorrow.

Thanks for looking.

jonny191
    jonny191
    • Hitting The Trail

Nothing like leaving it to the last minute eh….Do you thrive on the pressure? If so I think you have a problem 😉

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Crawler Pro

Excellent progress already, this will be a high pressure build, I love the concept.  What’s with this G6 alien thing, just why?

mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

Nothing like leaving it to the last minute eh….Do you thrive on the pressure? If so I think you have a problem 😉

I like the pressure, my old job used turn around at 3pm and bring a job out that’s leaving 1st thing and the others start moaning and going home. I’d just knuckle down and stay until it’s done. 

Excellent progress already, this will be a high pressure build, I love the concept. What’s with this G6 alien thing, just why?

Thanks, it’s very simple and I used Jonny191’s ABS and MEK so it drys in minutes.

The G6 dude names his events, last year was Robin Hood and this year it’s “Tea Time With Aliens” I’ve read the post put up here and if you do the alien, a tea cup and hard boiled egg you get a raffle ticket.

mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Paint</p>
    IMG_4524

Paint

IMG_4525

And some more paint

IMG_4531

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Crawler Pro

I’m sorry but that is insufficient paint, please add more immediately.

Coming together nicely Mark. I shall look forward to seeing it in action next weekend.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

I’ve added loads more paint today and subsequently lowered the tone.

IMG_4541

Apologies but I had a Top Gear moment. Thats all I’m showing until next Saturday

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Crawler Pro

😆😄  Excellent.

mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

😆😄 Excellent.

Thanks.

Right so today it was out for the 1st time. As it was Tea time with aliens I went with Roswell New Mexico theme.

Some not very flattering pics for now.

IMG_4588IMG_4587IMG_4589IMG_4590IMG_4591

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Crawler Pro

You’re crazy, that’s brilliant.

How did this and the stretch do?

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

You’re crazy, that’s brilliant. How did this and the stretch do?

</p>
    Thanks. They both got a lot of comments from others which is great. Sadly ignored by Parker and co.

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Crawler Pro

Jeez, some people take this all too seriously – what part of playing in the woods with tiny trucks is NOT FUN?!

Surely this must have been the most ‘teatimey with aliens’ build there too?

‘Burgundy with the alien’ sounds like the most 80’s American TV programme never made 😀

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

Jeez, some people take this all too seriously – what part of playing in the woods with tiny trucks is NOT FUN?! Surely this must have been the most ‘teatimey with aliens’ build there too? ‘Burgundy with the alien’ sounds like the most 80’s American TV programme never made 😀

I think I’m a bit far out for them with my stuff which is fine. I’ve got two new builds for next year that are more bonkers than this.
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>There was a few that made the effort other than just glueing an alien in a Wraith or scx10.</p>
    IMG_4601

This was built by Al Murray’s friend.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.