Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion Welcome Mat Hi from Teesside

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JUNGL1STM4SS1V3
      • Hitting The Trail
      • ★★★

Hi guys

I’m josh and I’m just getting back into RC after about 10 years. I used to race 1/10th off road and had an Axial AX10 crawler. A few months ago I found it in my parents shed and it turned out it still worked. Ended up having a look on YouTube to see what the hobby was doing and holy **** look at all those Land rovers!

Long story short I like making things and decided I was going to buy axles, wheels and tires and a body, use the AX10 transmission and make the rest.

I ended up with Chinese aluminium axles, some black steel wheels with what I’m pretty sure are fake super swampers and again, a most likely fake D90 hardbody.

So far it’s running on homemade chassis, skid and links, it just needs ‘finishing’ which will most likely take as long as the build so far.

Anyway, I’m based in Teesside and get around the North Yorkshire moors quite a bit either with an rc or camera.

Here’s some pics of the build. IMG_20190206_160736-01

IMG_20190207_163226

IMG_20190204_182907

IMG_20190204_182837

Grasshopper
        • Scale Off Road Pro
        • ★★★★★★

Hey Josh, welcome aboard. You’ve got an awesome area to play about in, I love Yorkshire. I’m down in flat and boring Essex though.

Looks like a good start you’ve got, I’ve never used an AX10 but it looks like it’s pretty capable!

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90    Element Enduro D90

JUNGL1STM4SS1V3
          • Hitting The Trail
          • ★★★

Thanks man, yeah Yorkshire is great. I have a few locations I’ve found just from exploring which would be great for a meet but it’s just too far away for most people.

And yeah, maybe a bit too capable atm. The only thing AX10 in there is the transmission but the axles are similar in length and the same in mounting positions, just a lot heavier being aluminium. It’s all a bit cobbled together so there’s going to be some teething issues. I need to reduce droop at the rear and think about some smaller tires to start with.

Sysop
          Retrocosm
            • Scale Off Road Pro
            • ★★★★★★

Welcome to the forum, it’s always good to see something with plenty of custom parts.  Depending on what look you’re going for, smaller tyres and less articulation would definitely look more scale.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook

JUNGL1STM4SS1V3
              • Hitting The Trail
              • ★★★

Thanks man, I looked at a bunch of kits and decided they were expensive and I could make most of it.

I think my first step after finishing it is smaller tires, these sit at 110mm so I think 100ish would be fine, not sure what to go for yet.

Also these shocks are 95mm and I think it really needs around 80. Hopefully that will be a good start.

Earthlab-driver
                • Ready To Trail
                • ★★

Hi north yorkshire Here… were are you ..

near to guis or whitby here… newish to RC crawling …but enjoy building .

models :) and yet more models  ..... and some other stuff for making models :)

JUNGL1STM4SS1V3
                  • Hitting The Trail
                  • ★★★

Hey, I’m over in Middlesbrough.

I get up Captain Cooks and around Cod Beck a good bit but always looking for new suggestions! I don’t know of anywhere quiet along the coast.

Let me know if you ever fancy a run out, there’s not enough of us round here!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.