Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion Welcome Mat Hello from Suffolk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tompato
      • Looking For Mud

Hi all, I’m Tom and I’m pretty new to RC in general, as well as scale RC and crawling. I picked up a CC-01 chassis, as I have had Tamiya kits before and I liked the potential scale possibilities. I’m aware it isn’t a great crawler, but it should be okay for some trails I hope.

I’m into tinkering with all sorts of stuff, especially electronics, computing and robotics so I hope to further my knowledge with RC. I’ve joined because after reading some threads you all seem like a lovely bunch who hopefully won’t mind me asking a few questions every now and then!

Sysop
      Retrocosm
        • Scale Off Road Pro
        • ★★★★★★

Welcome Tom, the CC-01 is a popular scale chassis, as you say, not the best performer but there are plenty of hop up options available and I’ve seen a fully tricked out one mix it with the best of them.

Feel free to ask away, there are plenty of very knowledgeable members here.

BL2T8Es

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook

mark
          • Scale Off Road Pro
          • ★★★★★★

Welcome, the cc-01 was one of my 1st crawlers. They can be a blast when whizzing around.

damohick
            • Scale Off Road Pro
            • ★★★★★★

Welcome aboard, were in Suffolk are you? There’s quite a few interested over the boarder in Norfolk. If you have any questions the guys are very helpful and don’t forget pics … we all like pics!

tompato
              • Looking For Mud

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Welcome aboard, were in Suffolk are you? There’s quite a few interested over the boarder in Norfolk. If you have any questions the guys are very helpful and don’t forget pics … we all like pics!

I’m currently down in South West Suffolk but will soon be moving to Bury St Edmunds. I used to live in Norwich as well so I know Norfolk a little as well. I’ll be sure to post photos of my build once it’s almost finished!

Grasshopper
                • Scale Off Road Pro
                • ★★★★★★

Hi Tom, I’m near Colchester, Essex so not a million miles away. Not much rocks near us but plenty of lovely forest trails and footpaths to explore

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90    Element Enduro D90

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.