Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion Welcome Mat Hello from Suffolk

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Grasshopper 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tompato
    tompato
    • Looking For Mud

Hi all, I’m Tom and I’m pretty new to RC in general, as well as scale RC and crawling. I picked up a CC-01 chassis, as I have had Tamiya kits before and I liked the potential scale possibilities. I’m aware it isn’t a great crawler, but it should be okay for some trails I hope.

I’m into tinkering with all sorts of stuff, especially electronics, computing and robotics so I hope to further my knowledge with RC. I’ve joined because after reading some threads you all seem like a lovely bunch who hopefully won’t mind me asking a few questions every now and then!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Crawler Pro

Welcome Tom, the CC-01 is a popular scale chassis, as you say, not the best performer but there are plenty of hop up options available and I’ve seen a fully tricked out one mix it with the best of them.

Feel free to ask away, there are plenty of very knowledgeable members here.

BL2T8Es

mark
    mark
    • Crawler Pro

Welcome, the cc-01 was one of my 1st crawlers. They can be a blast when whizzing around.

damohick
    damohick
    • Crawler Pro

Welcome aboard, were in Suffolk are you? There’s quite a few interested over the boarder in Norfolk. If you have any questions the guys are very helpful and don’t forget pics … we all like pics!

tompato
    tompato
    • Looking For Mud

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Welcome aboard, were in Suffolk are you? There’s quite a few interested over the boarder in Norfolk. If you have any questions the guys are very helpful and don’t forget pics … we all like pics!

I’m currently down in South West Suffolk but will soon be moving to Bury St Edmunds. I used to live in Norwich as well so I know Norfolk a little as well. I’ll be sure to post photos of my build once it’s almost finished!

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Crawler Pro

Hi Tom, I’m near Colchester, Essex so not a million miles away. Not much rocks near us but plenty of lovely forest trails and footpaths to explore

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.