Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion Welcome Mat Hello from Lancashire

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    FatFreddyFatFreddy
    • Looking For Mud

Hi folks

Returned to RC last year after a 30 year gap. Not sure crawling was even a thing back then. Recently built a Carisma SCA-1E kit and its pretty much rained ever since.

1F79EEA7-AC7A-4092-9E17-29CC8C719F6B0704D38E-1EAA-4876-9933-7E9FC6C54288

It isn’t that shiny any more, I couldn’t resist putting it through its paces. Quite impressed with how capable it is considering I have no idea how to drive it properly or how best to set up the suspension.

Looking forward to picking your brains for info and advice.

Cheers

Fred

The older I get, the better I was.

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Welcome to the forum. The rain is certainly getting tedious this winter. Is that the standard build, it looks to be sitting very high?

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

FatFreddyFatFreddy
    • Looking For Mud

Thanks for the welcome. That’s actually slightly lower than the instruction manual indicates.

I guess it’s only meant as a starting point.

I do intend to lower it about 10mm more but where the body posts slide through the holders, the rear posts are actually resting on the frame rails as you see it now. As I’m new to this I was a bit wary about trimming the posts til I was sure it was what I wanted to do.

But you are right, it is sitting to high.

Not sure about the paint job either. Originally plannned to paint it on the outside and have a go at weathering but bottled it and painted it on the inside. So may repaint it, or possibly switch to a different body altogether.

Suspect it may be some time (if ever) before I consider this rig “finished” 😀👍

FatFreddyFatFreddy
    • Looking For Mud

PS, If anyone reading this is from Lancashire, Greater Manchester or West Yorkshire (I’m in Rossendale) and can recommend good crawling spots or point me in the direction of local groups I’d be grateful.

When it comes to RC stuff, I’m billy-f***ing-no-mates. 😂

Thanks in advance 👍

MarkBMarkB
    • Hitting The Trail
    • ★★★

Hi Fred and welcome to the forum. That’s a nice truck, I like the look of those Carisma kits.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.