Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds Hammond’s Pimped Bolivian Cruiser

This topic contains 129 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Yep, stunning work and an attention to detail that is borderline lockupandthrowawaythekey-able! How are you going to top this one!?!

Hehe, laugh out loud, thank you so much.  I think my wife would quite like to lock up my trucks somewhere so I can’t get access to them 😉

I think I’ve peaked, it’s all downhill from here!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Incredible stuff! So many small details and a perfect patina,top notch sir.

Thank you fella 🙂  I really appreciate it!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Last night I knocked up this exhaust pipe with some styrene tube.  As the frame rails on the 1:1 are much wider apart at the rear than the Gelande chassis I’ve had to modify it a little in order for it to sit in the correct place, additionally it has to sit on top of the rails or it is too low from the body.  I painted it with some Tamiya Gun Metal and added some rust.  I might thin out the end a little with a drill, or maybe even go the next size up on the styrene.

P1080312P1080307

rustunderneathandexhaust

rearwheelexhaustbumperdetails

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I had a little spare time this evening so I painted up a fairlead with some Tamiya metallic blue to try to match it to the blue of the Superwinch original.  I then attached it to the winch and the winch to the bumper.  I may do some little stickers to attach as well.

offroadP1080345

A little bit of (very amateurish) Photoshop nonsense.

offroadoverlay

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

It’s going to be hard to tell them apart.

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

No need for the photoshop, it’s like spot the difference anyway (I can’t spot any!) You should take a load of screen caps off the programme and take pics of your one at exactly the same angle just for nerds like me to drool over 😀

Just wow.

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

It’s going to be hard to tell them apart.

That would certainly be a result 🙂

No need for the photoshop, it’s like spot the difference anyway (I can’t spot any!) You should take a load of screen caps off the programme and take pics of your one at exactly the same angle just for nerds like me to drool over 😀 Just wow.

Thank you!  I am quite tempted to do that I must confess.  I’m also tempted to change the tyres, the current ones are a little too short and a little too wide.  I’ve been looking at the following which unfortunately don’t have a very similar tread pattern but will I think be just the right dimensions.  RC4WD Fuel Mud 1.9 Mud Grippers.

Z-T0138-3

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

A bit more Photoshop fun.

Clarkson checking out my leaf springs.

bumperoverlay

Hammond in my truck!

dashoverlay

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

There aren’t many shots of the rear bed of the Cruiser but the ones I have spotted suggest there are a couple of pelican cases in there, one black and one yellow.  After several failed attempts to make anything that resembled them I found some hideously expensive ones on Shapeways.

I ordered them with gritted teeth and once they’d arrived painted one yellow and then weathered them both up.  They do admittedly look excellent but so they should at the price they were.

There’s also another box which looks like polystyrene so I’m going to try and chop one out of an old plant tray.

boxinback

leftdetail

cases

Somewhat fortuitously Neil (toyolien) recently put up some seat belts for sale so I bought them (super speedy delivery, thanks Neil) mainly for the brackets in the kit but also in the hope that the belt material was supplied in one piece, it’s not.  I therefore found myself in Dunelm earlier, perusing the haberdashery department (the things we do) where I found some 6mm ribbon.

Anyway, it works a treat so the driver’s belt is in place.

P1080386

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

You have to love a good haberdashery.. so many useful things, self cover buttons for hub caps, tiny tiny bodice (?) clips for tarp’ tie downs, and lots of tapes as you have found. 4 sisters, a wife and two daughters, that’s how I know!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

You have to love a good haberdashery.. so many useful things, self cover buttons for hub caps, tiny tiny bodice (?) clips for tarp’ tie downs, and lots of tapes as you have found. 4 sisters, a wife and two daughters, that’s how I know!

Haha, glad it’s not just me with a haberdashery habbit!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I found a way to mount the body this evening, basically added some more styrene to the underside of the body and then screwed into it via the slots and holes in the Gelande battery plate.

I also got the ESC and servo hooked up and had a little test run in the garden.  Fortunately the battery fits under the bonnet so that has saved a fair bit of messing about.  It was just getting dark so the video quality is a but poor, but she’s alive!

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Can only watch it on my phone as I’m on holiday this week but it looks great. I can’t believe how much effort you’ve gone to with every little detail. A truly outstanding build. Just sat and re-read the whole build!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks fella, that’s much appreciated, this build sort of took on a life of its own.  I don’t think I ever intended to go into quite so much detail but each time I tried something and it worked it made me feel more confident to try more things.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks good Sir, and nice to see it alive.

I have one minor complaint, not enough massive sand dune in the video :).

I know the feeling of adictive detail adding (ada) as I have been finding the same with the MB.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 130 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.