Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds Hammond’s Pimped Bolivian Cruiser

This topic contains 129 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Cool which brand of tape do you use?

Today I fashioned a transmission tunnel cover from some styrene.

p1070687.jpg

p1070685.jpg

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Don’t remember what brand the surgical tape is, no branding on the roll, but I remember being in a Superdrug type place going through different kinds of tapes, width and texture, with a bemused assistant looking on! The microporus stuff, I’m almost certain, was a Tesco thing, but only because it was wide. Sounds “nerdy” but the nice thing about being an old furt is that nobody bats an eyelid when you do daft things!!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I have been doing some work on the seat mounts. It’s difficult to get a clear view of Hammond’s set up so I’m basing it on this sort of thing.

seatframeclear.jpeg

I can see from this picture that the support bracket for the driver’s seat is the same.

leftside.jpeg

Using some square tube styrene stuffed with some piano wire I bent up some supports and cut out some mounting plates and a bracket from some sheets.

p1070691.jpg

p1070701.jpg

Taking the place of Hammond is Snake Plissken. He stands at 8″ tall, Hammond is in reality not much taller at about 5′ 5″. I’ve calculated that the Cruiser body from RC4WD is 1/8 scale meaning I need a figure just over 8″ which is very difficult to find. Plastic surgery and a wardrobe change for Snake may therefore be required.

p1070697.jpg

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Awesome detailing as usual. Snake looks pretty good in there, size and looks-wise; you could make him another eye patch and turn them into Hammond’s shades too! :-)

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Great minds think alike, I was going to attempt that, cheers!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Ok so I took a break from building the new forum to do some more work on the Cruiser, it has been neglected of late.  I got the outer shell sprayed with the Rover Sand Glow.  I used red primer as I noticed this was used on the original

I’m pretty pleased with how it came out, I think overall it’s a bit yellower (if that’s a word) than Hammond’s but I attacked it with some Scotch Brite pads to give a fadded paint look and this brought it a bit closer.

I’ve also done a little weathering and detailing.  I scratched it up a little bit with some needle files, used some Agrax Earthshade to both bring out the details and to dirty it up a bit.

I’ve also applied some of the badges and the number plate and holder I made a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately the Toyota badge on the back looks a little big and the number plate looks a little small, the latter being 1/10 while the body is 1/8.  I may have to look at getting a plate custom made and printed.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve done some more detailing on the body, I’ve added the front badge and the side indicators suitably off center.

I’ve also added the windscreen.  I didn’t use the kit one as I didn’t want the ugly lugs showing.

I’ve also done some more work on the rear.

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Jeez, that’s impressive. How comes there’s a NY plate on the front, was that on Hammond’s too?

Those last two images show a ridiculous level of observation and detailing on this. Must be getting to the final touches now…

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Jeez, that’s impressive. How comes there’s a NY plate on the front, was that on Hammond’s too? Those last two images show a ridiculous level of observation and detailing on this. Must be getting to the final touches now…

Cheers chap 🙂  The NY plate is from the previous build and will be replaced in due course.

Final touches, I’m not sure, there seems to be a lot still to do and hopefully Pete is going to make me a new bumper and roll bar/frame if I ever get around to drawing up the plans!

grubbybuz
    grubbybuz
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Woohoo awesome stuff! The level of detail you are building up on this is incredible! Top notch mr

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Must say I’m loving your battered rear end!!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Woohoo awesome stuff! The level of detail you are building up on this is incredible! Top notch mr

Thank you chap 🙂

Must say I’m loving your battered rear end!!

You’re not the first person to say that 😉

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Insane attention to detail Charlie. Loving this build so far.

How much time have you got in that number plate?

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Insane attention to detail Charlie. Loving this build so far. How much time have you got in that number plate?

Cheers Neil, the number plate holder took me about an hour and half, the plate itself I got from the chap on Ebay whose name I always forget.  I heated it up with a lighter and bent it a little.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 130 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.