Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Forum’s Finest Builds Hammond’s Pimped Bolivian Cruiser

This topic contains 129 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Neil
    Neil
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow, this is epic, fantastic attention to detail, mind blowing. Keep it up.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks Neil, much appreciated. I shall endeavour to remain committed and not be distracted by starting other builds!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Started work on some detailing and made this license plate holder with beaten up plate. Looking forward to attaching it at a suitably jaunty angle.

p1070627.jpg

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Well the more I look at Hammond’s Cruiser the more I notice how different it is to the standard RC4WD kit and it’s dawning on me that this is going to take a lot longer than I originally anticipated.

However, onwards. I’ve added some styrene to the windscreen frame.

p1070640.jpg

p1070642.jpg

sidelatches1.jpeg

I’ve also noticed the dash is quite different so have started trying to mod it.

dashboard.jpg

p1070632.jpg

p1070635.jpg

Hopefully it will make more sense when it’s finished ::pray

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

A lovely new rear bumper from CCHand arrived and I duly smashed one of the light lenses. I attached one of the bumperettes and then after a quick rummage through the kids’ toys found a round peg which, after a coat of Tamiya flat aluminium works rather well as the additional bump stop (don’t know correct term) as seen on Hammond’s Cruiser.

A bit of scenic rust and then some Tamiya weathering and I feel I’ve got this pretty close to the original.

p1070643.jpg

p1070649.jpg

p1070647.jpg

back1.jpeg

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Going above and beyond with this one, stunning ::drool

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

Geoff
    Geoff
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Super fantastic detail, well done.

Geoff in London    

RCWTF OFFICIAL REDCAT GEN 7 DRIVER 

Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That is bloody excellent!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Grasshopper wrote:
    Going above and beyond with this one, stunning ::drool
    Geoff wrote:
    Super fantastic detail, well done.
    Oh How Original wrote:
    That is bloody excellent!

Thanks gents, means alot to get such positive feedback from you all, I truly appreciate it :-)

Despite trawling through the Top Gear footage it’s very difficult to get a clear side view of the passenger seat and below. This is one of the best I can get.

frontseatmounts.jpeg

So I’m fairly sure that on Hammond’s Cruiser the passenger seat sits above a fuel tank like this but in black:-

img_0540.jpg

images.jpg

So I made this which hopefully is similar:-

p1070656.jpg

I also chopped out the under section of the dash and tried to rebuild it to look like the front heater unit.

index.jpg

p1070651.jpg

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

It’s proving difficult to find any seats for this build, nothing on the market is big enough as far as I can tell. As a stop gap solution I’ve pinched the seats out of my Team Raffee Defender, cut them in half and widened them with some styrene sheet.

It has worked reasonably well, the height seems OK and they look about the right size now. I chopped the headrests off, trimmed them and re-attached with some grub screws.

I’m not keen on the stick on felt, I think I’ll swap that out for something else.

Edit. Mmmmm, the more I look at them the more I think they’re still too small.

p1070681.jpg

p1070672.jpg

back1.jpeg

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Looking good, very good! Maybe try surgical tape instead of felt. Different widths available and the finish is closer to scale cloth. Takes paint ok, tho’ will be matt, and bit of a hospital smell at first. I’ve also tried, with some success, microporous tape which is more paper like, very thin, but can look like worn leather after some messing about, and easy to creat scale rips!

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Quote:

That’s alright, so is Hammond ::lolz

Speaking of that, getting a 5in action figure with bon jovi hair and comically white teeth is going to be tricky.. Maybe one of the hobbits would work :-)

Great tip with the medical/microporous tape M and M, I’d never thought of using those for that application :cheers:

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    M and M wrote:
    Looking good, very good! Maybe try surgical tape instead of felt. Different widths available and the finish is closer to scale cloth. Takes paint ok, tho’ will be matt, and bit of a hospital smell at first. I’ve also tried, with some success, microporous tape which is more paper like, very thin, but can look like worn leather after some messing about, and easy to creat scale rips!

Thanks for this tip, I shall look into it ::thumb::

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Grasshopper wrote:
    Quote:

That’s alright, so is Hammond ::lolz

Speaking of that, getting a 5in action figure with bon jovi hair and comically white teeth is going to be tricky.. Maybe one of the hobbits would work :-)

Great tip with the medical/microporous tape M and M, I’d never thought of using those for that application :cheers:

:-) ::lolz

Well that is true, he is teeny tiny so perhaps the seats aren’t as big as I think they are ::lolz

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

found a couple of pics to show the different tapes, if its any help. First is micro thingy, second is surgical tape.
    Bughksn.jpg
    9bhQsEG.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 130 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.