This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

In a moment of weakness I ordered one of the new 1/18 Gelande II Blackjacks.  I hadn’t quite anticipated how teeny tiny it is, now I feel like I’m just going to break it, it’s so cute.  I’m already eyeing some upgrades such as the dual motor kit, will it ever end?

P1070904P1070909P1070912P1070916P1070919

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

jimbo_wa
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

The dual motor kit (if it’s N20 motors) is definitely not an upgrade…

The V2 transmission you have will be great from what I’ve heard – I had the original D90 and it was a bit doggy!

Dremeling the steering knuckles is a good start and moving the links on the chassis was needed on the original too (they look OK on yours already though).

The newer versions look great though – I *DON’T* need one again!

FREEDOM83
    FREEDOM83
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

lol !!! this double motor mod is too crazy !! hahahah looks great !!

Geoff
    Geoff
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks good, but so small.

Geoff in London    

RCWTF OFFICIAL REDCAT GEN 7 DRIVER 

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

The dual motor kit (if it’s N20 motors) is definitely not an upgrade…  The V2 transmission you have will be great from what I’ve heard – I had the original D90 and it was a bit doggy! Dremeling the steering knuckles is a good start and moving the links on the chassis was needed on the original too (they look OK on yours already though).  The newer versions look great though – I *DON’T* need one again!

Thanks for the info Jimbo and you definitely do need another one lol 😉

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks good, but so small.

Agreed, I don’t know why I was surprised at how small it is, I’m not quite sure what I was expecting.  I’ve ordered some replacement batteries as I didn’t much like the look of the supplied LiPo, no balance lead and anyway the charger for it had a US style plug.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.