Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Element RC Enduro

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Great performing little truck these are.

Yeah but Pete’s one will always win because yellow is a faster colour 😃

Yep so fast that the paint comes off

Nah, the paint falling off is due to my in ability to avoid solid objects.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

This thing continues to surprise me with how competant it is, I have had it out for a few runs in the last couple of months and apart from breaking a 3d printed part in the rear suspension (twice) it just works.

I haven’t quite settled on the correct motor combination for it, I currently have an 1800KV Holmes hobbies revolver in it that is about the right speed but I want to use that in the Capra, so the next change to this will be to put a Holmes Hobbies 35t 540 in it and see how well that works.

20200201_12485320200201_12435220200201_12424820200201_12413020200201_12401520200201_12411720200201_12073420200201_12063420200201_12013120200125_14484320200125_130130

I am going to re-make the 3D printed part that broke in aluminium and then continue to thrash on this in the up coming year.

Thanks as always for looking,

More as it occurs.

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Have you managed to find the missing speed after the Nationals😁

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Have you managed to find the missing speed after the Nationals😁

I actually found far to much speed with the first brushless motor I put in it, the current revolver is just about right but I want that for the Capra, so I hope that the 35T brushed motor will also work nicely.

MarkusMarkus
    • Looking For Mud

I just can agree to all the words above, These ElementRC trucks are a lot of fun out of the box. The stock bumper hinder performance, but you can push the inwards with just two holes drilled to tuck them in.
    Your tube work is really great, it adds a great look.
    The OverlandRC servo winch accompanies the ElementRC in my case and was just mounting and connecting to the receiver. Works flawlessly with the stock radio.

Thank you for your great pictures.

IMG_4073IMG_4035

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Great pictures Pete, looks like and excellent trail day.  I’m so tempted to get one of these, is this the model they’ve just released and IFS kit for?

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Great pictures Pete, looks like and excellent trail day. I’m so tempted to get one of these, is this the model they’ve just released and IFS kit for?

For the money I do think they are hard to beat, and yes this is the chassis that the IFS kit is for.

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Had this out again today, The 35t motor seems to be about right so that can stay for the moment. I did discover that the ‘water proof’ esc I used for the winch isn’t water proof, as it let the magic smoke out just after a river crossing.

20200229_09561720200229_09570820200229_095434

20200229_105438

20200229_103653

Thanks as always for looking.

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Gave the Enduro a bit of a service over the last couple of days (hasn’t had any attention since last October), took the opportunity put some different axle casings on.

I have gone for an SSD Pro 44 on the rear (using stock Enduro shafts and ring and pinion), I also 3d printed a link riser for the upper links

20200409_111004

and an SSD Trail king Pro 44 and universals with the stock ring and pinion on the front.

I already had SSD SCX10ii C-hubs and knuckles installed on the stock axles which I fitted before there were Enduro specific aluminium upgrades so these got transferred to the new casings. All the parts were supplied by Martin @ RC Bitz Ltd with his usual excellent service.

20200409_110949

To make the casings work with the stock Enduro ring and pinions required a very small amount of clearance work with the Dremel as the ring gear is a fair bit larger in diameter than the stock SCX10-ii ring that the casing is designed to work with.

I purely swapped the casings as I prefer the look of the SSD ones to the stock, there may be a small performance benefit as the SSD pumpkins are about 5mm shallower the stock Enduro ones.

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow, I didn’t realise the parts were intechangeable like that, I do like these SSD housings.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

So I can buy SSD cases and do away with the Element ones?

PetePete
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow, I didn’t realise the parts were intechangeable like that, I do like these SSD housings.

I was fairly sure everything would fit as the universals and rear shafts are identicle between the enduro and scx/ssd, I already knew the C-hubs and knuckles fit both as I had been running the scx 10ii ones on the enduro casings for months, you do of course loose the BTA steering link but I haven’t found that to be an issue.

The only thing I was unsure of was the diff and pinion. The diff support bearings are the same between the two axles but the enduro has a larger diameter ring gear and a smaller diameter pinion (tooth pitch is different too, the enduro is a finer pitch). It turns out that this isn’t an issue as it just required a very small amount of dremel action to remove some material in the casing that the diff gear teeth rub on. It should also be noted that the pinion gear sits lower in the enduro casing but installing it in the SSD casing doesn’t apear to cause any obvious issues, gear mesh is good and it all spins freely will just have to see on the durability front but at the moment I can’t think of a reason why it would wear faster.

The only other items that nearly caught me out is that the enduro uses a smaller diameter bearing on the inner end of the pinion than the scx/ssd so you need to use 2 bearings for an scx/ssd or make a bearing holder to increase the od of the enduro bearing to suit the scx/ssd casing. I think also found that the bearings in the outer ends of the enduro casings were smaller diameter than the ones used on the scx/ssd casings ( I will check and confirm this.)

It should be noted that the Trail king Pro 44 front diff tubes aren’t directly compatible with the scx 10ii C-hubs, the securing system is different but again not insurmountably so.

So I can buy SSD cases and do away with the Element ones?

Short answer appears to be yes, I don’t know if the SSD diamond casings would work but I can’t think of a reason why they wouldn’t. I also don’t see why you couldn’t also use the stock SCX 10ii casings.

Long answer is above.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.