Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Drakken’s Defender 110 Build

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    DrakkenDrakken
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Hi all fellow off roaders,

Thought after 4 years i’d probably best to start to do a proper build thread, This has been worked on ( Chassis & Body ) Since this picture but thought i’d start the thread from the start of the project. Not sure why but i just love the shape of a 110

I have a few idea’s in mind to make this one ‘hopefully’ stand out from the rest sort of speak, But It’ll be a long road ahead ;)

Thanks for looking, Drakken

IMG_0212b.jpg

CossackCossack
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

its about time you posted some of you work ;)

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Especially as it looks so good!

DrakkenDrakken
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Thanks fella’s ;) It’s had most of the sanding / Filling work done since this picture was taken, I’ll upload the update as soon as possible

Cheers, Drakken

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Hmmm gonna like this you don’t see many 110’s.

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Is that my 110 you promised me Chris? Suppose I don’t mind you getting it mooved on a bit for me 😆 I was so tempted today by the rc4wd 110 gelande kit and the body to go with it. It would make a mint double cab pickup but the price put me off a bit and I settled on the 90 one instead.

DrakkenDrakken
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

I’ll try and get some work done on it soon, I was tempted to buy the RC4WD 110 body but if i remember correctly it was $249 plus shipping ( No way just for a body unfinished !!! )

Only issue i really have is after using the SCX stock i’m really pleased with it so might have to go with the standard shocks over scale looks in that department ;)

Drakken

@ Bill: Is that John Cleland’s Cavalier in your Avatar?

GeoffGeoff
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Nice 110 :cheer:

Geoff in London    

RCWTF OFFICIAL REDCAT GEN 7 DRIVER 

• Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Yay a landy, shall be watching this one, did you combine two D90 shells or fab up the extra panels?

DrakkenDrakken
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

@Karlp: The panels are extra, I did start with 2 D90’s but got it badly wrong the first time around on cutting the second body :whistle:

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

very nice looks like this is going to be very smart B)

DrakkenDrakken
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Well got a little more done on the body and got the wheelbase sorted ( Body hasn’t been fitted properly yet ) :whistle:

Still loads to do but getting there slowly but surely. Think i might have a go at a roof rack for it and see what happens. Sorry there’s no major update just want to get it right

DSCF4966.jpg

• Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Thats looking really good, how were you thinking of mounting the body ? also any idea on colour ?

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Drakken wrote:
    I’ll try and get some work done on it soon, I was tempted to buy the RC4WD 110 body but if i remember correctly it was $249 plus shipping ( No way just for a body unfinished !!! )

Only issue i really have is after using the SCX stock i’m really pleased with it so might have to go with the standard shocks over scale looks in that department ;)

Drakken

@ Bill: Is that John Cleland’s Cavalier in your Avatar?

Sorry yeh just noticed your tag, OH YESH its John alright the greatest racing driver of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He won me £20 that year in the double header at Silverstone.

DrakkenDrakken
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

@ Karlp: I have no idea yet on mounting it guess it will have to be soon though lol, Colour wise going for more of a standard look to it using the Land Rover blue with the white roof. Only need to find some 1:10 110 defender decals!

@ Bill: Too right he was, Loved the ‘showing of the finger’ to Steve Soper was it ? Must have only been 9 years old ish at the time :whistle:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.