This topic contains 214 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by Fourth Protocol 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 215 total)
  • Author

Bill
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Eeeeeeeeeeeee :woohoo:

Scoobysport
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

sssssssweeeeeeeeeeet ::thumpsup:: ::thumpsup::

steviedee
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

you spin me right round….baby right round!!!!! ::doh::

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Been waiting for a while to put this one in here, but after seeing it in the flesh today (and getting it dirty) I felt it was time to move it ::thumpsup::

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

damohick
    damohick
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks Pete, feel honoured to be chosen with all the other great builds on the site :blush:

Scoobysport
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★
    damohick wrote:
    Thanks Pete, feel honoured to be chosen with all the other great builds on the site :blush:

DAMO if he hadn’t off put it in i would have as its an awesome rig and i was made up to see it in the flesh today ::thumpsup:: ::thumpsup:: well done mate

Anonymous
    • Looking For Mud

Damo can i ask what is the wheel base of yours now

damohick
    damohick
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

No problems, looks like I’m at about 283mm mate.

damohick
    damohick
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Well I didn’t the no I was going to be able to make the G6/ Nationals this weekend but it now looks like I can!

Unfortunately in the two years since I finished building the jeep it has taken some punishment! It’s on its second winch since the build which has now packed up, it has lost a fender, the tailgate it cracked, the rear arch is cracked, the body below the door is cracked and the screen and frame are destroyed!

So it looks like I have my work cut out for me over the next five evenings … Better get cracking with the resin and fibreglass tape!

damohick
    damohick
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Body repairs are underway, I’ve reduced a screen surround off a jeep I had in the bone yard, I’ve made some repairs to the cracks, done a bit of priming and the body is hanging in the garage drying!

On to the winch, I decided as I had two broken cappu winches and two spare RC4WD motors I might as well try and combine all four

Take two broken winches

0127F343-AFEA-4784-A25A-1AD069C83C48_zpskh73gv7l

Drill one of the sides of the winch wh Ch hold the motor to match the other (left needs to be drilled)

EBE6F071-D2EA-47B5-A453-0A54AE5B39EE_zpsehy3pxsf

Add a bit of paint now they match …

3499469B-FEF8-4473-8BDB-301FA40EC585_zpsfeulejjo

Now the spool needs to be drilled out to 3mm all the way trough and another hole drilled to take the winch line (the grub screw for the winch line is used to hold the second motor shaft) the right hand is after and the left is before.

52ABFF8E-8359-4A8C-A2D0-11A07994011F_zpsj8t3uvwt (1)

A dry run of the build up

B91CF5BF-B7A6-46DB-B2B2-243B83418FF3_zpszhwae5ed (1)

And the new motors ready to go in!

E669BA7C-15CB-4A11-ABFF-06E4DE876075_zpsrs0yhgxl

damohick
    damohick
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve got to try and make a quick decision on colour … I’m thinking either white, red or orange again, what does everyone think??

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

White or orange. There’s already a red jeep with grey cage. Tuffoffroads old one

Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I vote orange again, maybe a different shade just so it’s a bit different again, but I love the look of it in orange, because there isn’t huge amounts of it, just the body and the rest is ‘raw’
    Definitely one of the nicest builds around.

damohick
    damohick
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

OHO, thanks, really appreciate the compliment! I called my local halfords and unfortunately no orange paint in stock! Screw fix had some Matt white plasti-kote so I decided to give that a go … I think I prefer the orange but it will be battered and bruised again after the weekend so it might end up orange again soon!

Mark … Thanks for reminding me about that … It almost ended up red!

0C98B91E-A151-482A-A19F-D9B336B08F5A_zpsocqwnvoa5AED135A-84B9-431D-A193-FC6A50C55AD8_zpsdw9monpe

Oh How Original
    Oh How Original
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I retract my last statement and vote white lol.
    Man that looks so clean and tidy!
    Great choice on colour.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 215 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.