This topic contains 36 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Absolutely superb detailing, I love it.

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

how can I didn’t see this earlier? very very nice, full of color and details. Any update?

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Yes, done a little more, but not too many photos. Ascender stuff is starting to get scarce with Traxxas , SCX11 and other newer models being catered for but finally have ssd heavey hubs, Losi spur etc and good fun setting wheelbase and panhard!! Finished a front bumper today trying to replicate the Vw original as much as will fit, dash done and the base colour as close to Vw as Tamiya will allow. Inner wings and window cut out also finished, anyway some (poor) pics, I hope.

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

This is such a clever build. I can see this changing categories.

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

There’s definitely easier eays to build a bumper but this one it’s the most scale and looks awesome

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Glad to see some more progress on this, I love that dash and great work on the bumper.

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

All looks awesome, those switches and gauges on the dash are incredible. Sat Nav shows you’re taking this across the bottom of Mexico? Or is my Geography way off? 🙂

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Correct,,Mexico’s bottom it is. The build was supposed to be based loosely on a class 11 desert VW, mostly inspired by reading of a VW “desert dingo”, They have a web site, interesting stuff  I thought. Anyway, as it was sunny I managed a bit more, front bumper finished, rear bumper made and black base on, inner wings come slider covers finished, though they look very odd, but they finish off the body’s wing shape (not so good with the words tonight so some pics)

Found myself singing Billy Holiday ” strange fruit”

May have got carried away, sorry for so many.

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

A little more progress on this. Never made so many scale bits and it gets addictive at the danger of over doing it, but I’m nearly satiated now. Aware of a gaping hole behind the spare wheel I realised the vw has a rear bulkhead so that was next,

and it needed something for the oil cooler to connect to, oilstat and filter,

wiring cable and drilled out m2 locknuts as connectors

then cover the whole thing up with a spare wheel!

and body

so just numberplate, decals and possibly lights to go, tho not going to do the strange blue and orange flashing lights under the rear window.

jimbo_wa
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Holy Guacamole!

Beautiful work…

Jamie tee
    Jamie tee
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks a million times better than the one I did very impressive 👌

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Thanks for the positive comments.  Yes was watching yours, Jamie, with interest, sad when it didn’t work out They are difficult to find now.

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Absolutely awesome, such fine detail work inside and out.

Do you run these after you’ve built them or just display them? It pains me to lose parts or scratch up my trucks and they’re just stockers, I don’t know how I’d feel about spending all that time producing something so attractive and then ruining it on the first outing!

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Thanks, yes I do run them but not as aggressive as G6 stuff as my comment to Neil ( G6???!). Can’t cope with that! I admit I use them more as trail stuff really but running is what their for. If I finish fence painting today ( dam sunny weather) I hope to get up to Halkyn for a shake down of the VW and some changes to the 30’s Ford. I’ve  everything prepared !

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Is the dustpan and brush for sweeping up all the pieces? 😀

I always start off with saying ‘I’ll just do some light trailing’ then end up looking at that 8ft high bluff at the quarry and thinking ‘ I can make that.. *tumble, tumble, SMASH*…oh bugger’.

All three of those are fantastic, I hope you have a great run!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.