This topic contains 36 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Finally an attempt at a new build. Just trying to post pics on the new forum (bare with me, I’m a thick old sod!)DSCF0192

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Well that worked with the direct link thing, but no success so far from imgur. Can’t seem to find which link code works, will keep trying as it says this is  the preferred method.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve never used Imgur but you basically just need the URL of the image, if you copy and paste that it should work.  Maybe someone else can help, I know that Neilus posted an image in the ‘Hello, I hope this has worked’ thread that is hosted by Imgur.

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Yes i use Imgur. Cilck on an image like below, and select “get share links”:

Click on “BB Code” and paste into the forum:

Hope this helps.

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Ok, try again,

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Thanks Neil, it worked. Maybe it was ok before but I was used to seeing the image before posting on the old site (I think!) so I believed it hadn’t worked

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

With snow and chest infection, work on this has been slow, but did a little in the house. Made some detail parts, Facet type pump, Optima type battery and frame and fuel pump to go with the fuel cell and rear bulkhead (pics are very poor I’m sorry)

Finally crept into the garage and finished off the internal cage, thanks to helpful advise from Toyolien.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow, absolutely loving this, such great details and the cage is superb.

Yuuta83
    Yuuta83
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

Damm… That looks sweet!  Looking forward to seeing the rest of this build…

Current Rig ~ Rc4wd G2 FJ40 Cruiser
    1/10 Scale Garage

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Everything about this is so well done and well thought out, all your bespoke parts are fantastic. I’ve never been a big fan of the Tamiya driver figures on something so scale but they look brill here and add a load of character. Great stuff!

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That is such a good looking cage. What tube/rod did you use? And bender?

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Not a good day.. lost one of the battery leads so spent an age remaking it only to find it in the box of Zing Industries sprues ! Anyway finished up the seat belts and fitted up new tyres, so not a total loss but no pics yet. Yes, I’m not always a fan of Willy, but I thought he may suit and he’s light, mind you these two have had major surgery, hands chopped off, legs bent double and arms dislocated to get them where I wanted.

The frame is the last of my straight steel brake pipe stock, strange on the photos they look different sizes at some angles, its only, in fact, the “oh sh**” grabs that are piano wire stuff. Most of the bends are not acute, so where done with an ancient brake pipe plier set and lash up bearings, mole grip thingy. Its ‘where’ the bends are I was struggling with. I have started making up a 6mm bender, similar to yours. I want to start the next frame in alloy, if and when, but need to brush up on alloy Lumex welding again

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Oh, the fuel filler is brass plate, forgot that!

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

It looks great. The brazing looks top notch too. Good job.

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Did a little more on the interior, need a bit more touching up and the dash finished. I know the battery isolator is in the wrong place, and some of the pipework is iffy too, but my fat little fingers where unable to match my fussiness, anyway some pics

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.