Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion General Scale and Crawling Carisma SCA-1E Range Rover

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Davy Crockett 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Saw the release of the Carisma Range Rover on the forum news and was in two minds…..

Body shell looks great but stance and tyres very unsure of

Decided to bite the bullet and one ordered, arrived and thoughts confirmed… Wide axles and waaay too tall

Not had much time but lowered the shocks and body posts a bit, removed the stock hex and replaced with narrower 3d printed ones

Removed stock rx and popped in front and rear LEDs, ready to wire up

Looks much more ‘scale’ (in my humble opinion) – will post stock pics if there is interest?

More thoughts and updates as I get chance

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Yes that does look loads better. The body looks really good but I too was put off by the monster tuck looks but you’ve done a great job👌

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks Neil!

I’m going to see if I can get the wheels in a touch more and try some narrower tyres (if I’ve got any)

Hoping to get out with it tomorrow for maiden run so see how it goes

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

You’ve really improved that Davy, they look a bit daft out of the box.

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

You’ve really improved that Davy, they look a bit daft out of the box.

Cheers! Yes I agree stock a bit ‘cartoon-ey’

Had a root through the spares bin and found some 90mm tyres and 5 spoke alloys

Lowered the body posts another notch, could probably get the wheels in a touch more

Much happier with the stance and looks a lot better the stock ‘monster truck’ look

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks really cool DC, I’m surprised how good the body looks for lexan – the front and back especially. Maybe some faint lines for the door shuts and panel lines would break up that expanse of white on the sides.

You’ve definitely made a huge improvement on the stock look already. I’m interested to see what you think of it out on the trails regarding durability and capability

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks pal! Yes, it’s not a bad looking shell for lexan and details are good in the flesh.

I’m part way through marking the panel and cut lines but they’re far too bold so trying to soften for a more ‘shadow’ look

Had a quick run at our local haunt on Sunday, not a great start as one of the 3d printed hexes split and ran 3 wheel drive. Plus the tyres pictured although aggressive looking tread lack grip so unfair to comment right now… awaiting delivery of new shoes

Stock ESC has full drag brake and so harsh full reverse to throttle it’ll wheelie!  going to swap for a programmable hobbywing 1080 which I run in my trx4 and ascender

Also going to tweak shocks or replace with Old Man Emu I have and desperate to try

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.