Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion Scale RC News Carisma SCA-1E Coyote Kit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sysop
    • Topics 120
    • Replies 1569
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Manufacturer’s blurb:-

The SCA-1E Self-Build Kit allows the owner to tailor the rig to their own specification. With quality components and additional performance hop ups included, mixed with Carisma’s legendary eye for fine detail, Lexan bodied scale Realism just went up a notch. Scale, Trail, Crawl, the SCA-1E is capable of it all, and the basis of a detailed or as simple a scale build as you want to undertake.

5-768x480

cra-ca79168_1

Waterproof-LiPo-Safe-ESC-with-Crawler-Mode-e1504092729454Solid-Axles-True-4-link-Suspension-e1504092871755Hi-Torque-Metal-Geared-Steering-Servo-e1504092342615Steel-C-Section-Chassis-Trail-Ready-Layout-e1504092623717

Currently listed at £179.00 at Modelsport, expected 1st August.

Full details here.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

GrasshopperGrasshopper
    • Topics 30
    • Replies 641
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I was going to say ‘That’s been out ages, Pete’s got one..’ Then realised it’s the kit version, doh.

Nice price for what looks near identical to an original scx10, what with the axle mounted servo and central drive. Battery at the back though? I guess there’s upgrades to sort that back to the front, with a CMS mount no doubt..? I like though.

Alas, She Who Must Be Obeyed has planted foot firmly down on any more trucks for the time being.

He Who Will Obey is reluctantly acquiescing.

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

PetePete
    • Topics 79
    • Replies 1666
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I was going to say ‘That’s been out ages, Pete’s got one..’ Then realised it’s the kit version, doh. Nice price for what looks near identical to an original scx10, what with the axle mounted servo and central drive. Battery at the back though? I guess there’s upgrades to sort that back to the front, with a CMS mount no doubt..? I like though. Alas, She Who Must Be Obeyed has planted foot firmly down on any more trucks for the time being. He Who Will Obey is reluctantly acquiescing.

I believe that the pictures are of the RTR and therefore a little misleading.

As far as I know the kit has a CMS, front battery tray and ball bearings in the axle rather than the bronze bushings used in the RTR.

Quote taken from X Factory’s (UK carisma scale adventure distributer) website

“New Features:

CMS mount for servo
    CMS mount for Forward Battery Position
    New Bead Lock Wheels ( chromed)
    New Soft Compound Tires
    All NEW Large capacity Alum PRO Oil Shocks with 3.5mm Shock Shafts
    Clear Body Shells with Chrome Parts
    New Shock/Body Brackets for stiffer chassis ”

For the money I think these are great, mine has had plenty of abuse and is still running stock axles and gearbox, I did swap out the electrics as I run 3s and wanted an ESC with a little more current capability than the stock RTR one. I will almost certainly get a kit version for a future build.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

1 user thanked author for this post.
    JoshJosh
    • Topics 7
    • Replies 22
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

I’m eagerly awaiting them to come into stock! I ordered one when they first mentioned them in a trade email for the RTR.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.