This topic contains 26 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Fourth Protocol 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    dam wrote:
    Petes no that good with styrene. But don’t tell him. ::eek

Totally agree, thats why I have a 3D printer :-)

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Dam
    Dam
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Mike, what air brush do you use.

grubbybuz
    grubbybuz
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Put a faster motor in Paul doesn’t look very happy ::rolleye……slow n furious ::doh::

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    dam wrote:
    Mike, what air brush do you use.

It all came as a kit (FoxHunter KMS Airbrush Kit AS186) which comes with two airbrushes – one’s a gravity-fed one, the other has a resevoir below, which requires a lot more air pressure. Both are double-action (allowing you to control both air pressure and amount of colour).

No great shakes but it works, and will do unless I become a pro and want something high end (unlikely).

grubbybuz wrote:
    Put a faster motor in Paul doesn’t look very happy ::rolleye……slow n furious ::doh::

This is Paul Walker’s brother. Starred in The Sclerotic and the Slothful ::lolz

Anyways, yesterday was my first run with a coil-sprung CMAX. This was Saturday night at 1:30am…

C15a_CMP_ShakeDown_00.jpg

(and yes, I made another windscreen wiper for the Oshkosh, but forgot to glue it on ::doh::)

Anyway the CMAX drives ace ::drool

C15a_CMP_ShakeDown_01.jpg

C15a_CMP_ShakeDown_02.jpg

C15a_CMP_ShakeDown_03.jpg

C15a_CMP_ShakeDown_04.jpg

So as expected this thing drives very, very well. What I didn’t expect was that it appears to drive better than my Skeleton J2s. My guess is that it’s because everything’s just a little lower to the ground on a CMAX. I did the technical course with it yesterday (aimed at SORCCA class 2), and it got over everything except the last almost cliff-face which couldn’t be done without a winch. Those long sand ladders were sufficient for pretty much everything else.

The Goodyear MTRs did about as well as I expected, but I don’t think they’re quite as good as the siped TSL Boggers. That said, all of these observations are based on a single run, so I need to drive and test it all out a little more and see what’s what, exactly.

And this evening I made those storage bosex (sorry I’m dyslexic — I would’ve corrected it but I already clicked Submit) on the bumper a bit older and stuck the winch in there. Still need to wire it up though.

C15a_CMP_Paint_04.jpg

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That looks like a great place to comp, wish it was a bit nearer. Will you stop with the CMAX this and CMAX that, I just can’t, I mustn’t ::eek

Geoff
    Geoff
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

A Very nice and capable, collection you have :wow: ::thumb::

Photo FP

Geoff in London    

RCWTF OFFICIAL REDCAT GEN 7 DRIVER 

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Retrocosm wrote:
    That looks like a great place to comp, wish it was a bit nearer. Will you stop with the CMAX this and CMAX that, I just can’t, I mustn’t ::eek

Leith Hill is awesome. We usually stay in the quarry/sandy area, but on Sunday we went all over the place. And then a trail run up the hill, although that got rained out so we never got as far at the view from the top.

And yeah, I won’t tell you more about the CMAX. Well, not in THIS thread anyway. Got to do an update on the Hilux. THAT one blew my mind.

;)

Geoff wrote:

Thanks Geoff. It’s getting there, slowly. Used to have areally capable and reliable rig when I had the Jeep JK shell on the Skeleton J2, but after disassembling both Skeletons and doing the first CMP, and then the Oshkosk, I had no beater. The new CMP is almost a beater, but I’m still being careful with it.

The plan is to do another Jeep JK as a beater, and then I’ll be happy with the collection. Except the ice cream truck I’m going to do on a CC-01…

::thumb::

Dam
    Dam
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Geoff wrote:

Photo FP

Isn’t there one missing Mike. Wasn’t there a Canadian military truck :confused:

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    dam wrote:

I gave it away. It’s in Tasmania now ::doh::

Dam
    Dam
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Fourth Protocol wrote:
    dam wrote:

I gave it away. It’s in Tasmania now ::doh::

Seriously :jawdrop:

Maybe the next time you feel generous, or ill. Do a forum build competition as a prize.

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    dam wrote:
    Seriously :jawdrop:

Yeah Mark gets really upset ::yikes

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Had this thing out for a 3-hour walk through Hampstead Heath today. The siped TSL boggers really are the best all-round tyre I’ve had so far, ever.

C15a_CMP_Mud_01.jpg

Swamp donkey.

C15a_CMP_Mud_02.jpg

C15a_CMP_Mud_03.jpg

Still need to wire up the winch. And it’s going to get lights too. If I get time before Friday… ::wow

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.