This topic contains 101 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Pete Attryde 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I do like some well hidden electronics and the manifold is superb.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I do like some well hidden electronics and the manifold is superb.

So do I, the only bit’s I’m going to struggle hiding completely are the motor, steering servo and the winch wires as they kind of have to run along the chassis.

Got a little more done on the exhaust over the last couple of evenings.

Second manifold sorted.

Y pipe also complete.

view from underneath

Just need to sort the rear section and that will be another item off the list.

The body is finally bolted back down as well, so I can finish hooking up the electrics, so fingers crossed it should be pretty much done by the end of this weekend.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

VERY impressive!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

VERY impressive!

Wow 😮

Thanks chaps, Not sure about impressive or obsessive 🙂

To hot for brazing again today (well actually to late opening the shop up to let it stay coolish) so did a couple other detail bits this afternoon.

I need to write a list of the bit’s I need to get done to call this finished and then concentrate on it, as I keep getting sidetracked by other things.

I have one final detail I would like to add in the engine bay, but I need to print it first. I also need to make some gear knobs, wipers and a rearview mirror. Also need a cover for the rear bed to hide the battery and a bikini top for the cage. Finish up the exhaust and connect the last few bits of electrics.

More tomorrow.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

In the words of a not very good comic from a long time ago “and there’s more”

All the electrics are hooked up (some of them twice) and tested, I have hidden the wires as much as I can.

added a couple of hold downs for the hood.

Also nearly completed the exhaust just need to make one flange and a couple of hangers.

lastly some outdoor shots to show it’s true colour.

The last thing I really want to get done before next weekend is to make something to cover the battery as it has to live in the rear tube it would also be nice to get some wipers on the screen but we shall see.

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks great Pete. Loving all the little details you do, great job!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

…. I need to write a list of the bit’s I need to get done to call this finished and then concentrate on it, as I keep getting sidetracked by other things.

This is exactly what I had to do to get the Cruiser finished and no one was more surprised than myself as I ticked off the last thing on the list!  I simply can’t keep all this stuff in my head anymore and as you say, too many other distractions.

The engine and bay are so cool.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks great Pete. Loving all the little details you do, great job!

Thanks Neil, The details paid of today what with winning the best engine bay catagory at the G6 ‘show and shine’

…. I need to write a list of the bit’s I need to get done to call this finished and then concentrate on it, as I keep getting sidetracked by other things.

This is exactly what I had to do to get the Cruiser finished and no one was more surprised than myself as I ticked off the last thing on the list! I simply can’t keep all this stuff in my head anymore and as you say, too many other distractions. The engine and bay are so cool.

I still need to write the list, which got longer today after a quick test at the G6.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Great to see this running Pete, looks like a little more weight over the front axle would be beneficial, though to be fair I’ve seen a fair few Jeeps lifting their front like that in real life.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Great to see this running Pete, looks like a little more weight over the front axle would be beneficial, though to be fair I’ve seen a fair few Jeeps lifting their front like that in real life.

Thanks Charlie, yeah the main thing to come out of the test drive was the need for some weight in the front. Fortunately the wheels are currently unweighted and not the correct ones so when I build up the correct wheels I shall be adding a little weight to them.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

The 1:1 that this is based on has some deep dish beadlock wheels on it, which I wanted to figure out how to replicate. First off I 3D printed some fake beadlock rings and painted them black and hilighted the bolt heads in silver. Next I purchased a set of RC4WD 1.55 5 Lug OEM steel wheels and stripped the paint off them, and added a fake valve stem. The beadlock ring was then glued to the rim of the deep section of each wheel and the whole lot was given a few coats of clear lacquer to protect it.

next all the hubs were machined on the lathe to reduce the offset (as well as using 4mm hexs).

The wheels were then built up using the scrambler tires and the fronts got a few wraps of lead solder to add abit of weight to the front end.

I hope this week to finish up the last few details such as the bikini top, fake brake discs, drive battery cover and installing the 3d printed battery under the hood.

More as it happens.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That’s excellent Pete, great idea.

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I heard about you getting your willy out at the G6 – something about a lack of facilities?

Looks awesome, the wheels really set it off. Congrats on getting best engine bay too!

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

Al murray
    Al murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

looked great in the flesh, great build Pete..

Al..

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.