This topic contains 101 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Pete Attryde 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Absolutely love it Pete!

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

What size is that nut on the steering box? I have some m3 ss acorn nuts doing nothing at the moment, if they would help. Thought I had brass m2.5 and m2 as well but can’t find them, typical for me!

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That’s mint Pete, two big thumbs up.

Great work as always Pete – looks like a winner!

Absolutely love it Pete!

Thanks chaps, I think it might be a keeper 🙂

What size is that nut on the steering box? I have some m3 ss acorn nuts doing nothing at the moment, if they would help. Thought I had brass m2.5 and m2 as well but can’t find them, typical for me!

It’s and M3, what it really needs to be is either a reduced head M3 nyloc or an M2.5 nyloc. I need to have a rummage in the pot of random nuts and see what I have.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Been plodding along sorting details pieces on this as and when I get a few minutes. Finally got the the handles on the body made and installed, yes the drivers side one is missing it should be as it’s not on the 1:1. Also got the shovel and axe installation sorted out.

once everything is painted I will install the hold down strap for the shovel.

Started on the electronics install. The ESC, RX and light controller all fit in the fuel tank, however the winch esc is going to have to go underneath as the isn’t enough room for it too. i made sure the on/off switch is accessible.

Lastly for this week I managed to find an M2.5 Nyloc in the box of random nuts and having drilled and tapped it to 3mm installed it on the steering box. It may only be half a mm smaller but I think it looks a lot more correct.

More next weekend (Hopefully get some paint on the body this week.)

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Top work… It’s shaping great

grubbybuz
    grubbybuz
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

This is looking great Pete! Top notch as per usual.

Looking forward to see some paint on it.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Top work… It’s shaping great

Thanks for the nice words 🙂

This is looking great Pete! Top notch as per usual. Looking forward to see some paint on it.

Cheers Marc, you can stop looking as of now.

As it was over 30c in the shed by the time I got up there today I decided I couldn’t face brazing up the rocksliders and a few other bits on the TRX commission (sorry Neil), I spent the afternoon preping and painting this instead.

I ended up using a spray acrylic paint rather than brush painting as it gives a better finish. I used Kobra Pistacchio which is a bit lighter than ideal but is a good olive drab colour. The Kobra paints are great as they also dry really fast (I think they are formulated for graffiti art)

So painted the main body, and then worked out what has been bugging me about the rear light position right from day one, they are to high and to far out on the body. So I filled the original holes and made new ones lower down and in as far as I can push them.

Much happier with this new position. I just need to mount the rear lights now.

The front end is now all together, just need to hook up the lights and the winch controller.

I managed in the week to print some gauges, so these got painted and installed. Also added the starter button and handbrake lever.

I also made a start on the gear levers, I just need to make a gaiter and some knobs and I can install them.

Lastly the printer also produced some of the makings of a motor cover, in the form of a V6. Still need to print some more bits (once I have drawn them and then give it a coat of paint before installing it.

More soon, as I want this finished and at least run once before the G6 at the end of the month.

Thanks for stopping by, see you soon.

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Love that 3rd pic from the bottom, looks an absolute beast! Colour really suits it too. Go easy at the G6, I take it that you will have a little cage to protect that windscreen from rolls (or just fold it down)?

Axial SCX10 Dingo    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90     WPL C14

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

All those details are looking fantastic.  Wish I had the skills to 3D print my parts.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Love that 3rd pic from the bottom, looks an absolute beast! Colour really suits it too. Go easy at the G6, I take it that you will have a little cage to protect that windscreen from rolls (or just fold it down)?

Cheers Mr Hopper, There is indeed a cage to go on to help protect the windscreen. I don’t intend to comp it at the G6 as it would probably get destroyed, more of a carpark cruise I think.

All those details are looking fantastic. Wish I had the skills to 3D print my parts.

Cheers Mark. Having the printer definately helps me get the level of detail I want in my builds, especially as I don’t have the patience to carve them from raw styrene.

In between doing more on Brookers’s TRX trayback over the weekend I also got a few more details sorted on this.

I don’t really like how far back on the manifold the carb is, but to get the hole in the hood to be in the right place that is where it had to land. The 1:1’s engine lives a fair bit further back in the engine bay than I can get this one to sit and still hide the motor. Next will be some pedals and the gear levers, then it’s just joining all the wires together and pray that the magik smoke doesn’t escape 🙂

M and M
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Loving the detail of that motor…hope you have the right fireing order!!

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I do like that colour Pete and the detail in the engine bay is superb.  Agreed, please don’t destroy it at the G6 😉

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

The V6 sits rather well on the bay…this MB it’s going nicely

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I do like that colour Pete and the detail in the engine bay is superb. Agreed, please don’t destroy it at the G6 😉

The colour has grown on me and I have been playing with a bit of weathering too. There really is no chance of me destroying it at the G6 I will not be trying to compete with it I have far to much time investedin it.

The V6 sits rather well on the bay…this MB it’s going nicely

Thanks. It helps having a 380 sized motor rather than a 540 to hide.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Had an exhausting afternoon in the fabshop 🙂

Actually made good progress, as most of the electrics are now in, just need to connect a few things together.

Gear levers and pedals in (need to make some gear knobs)

got the winch esc in and hidden.

the hole is to allow access to the programing button.

The rest of the electrics are nicely hidden in the fuel tank.

The cage is now reinstalled for the (hopefully) last time, although I still need to bolt the body back down, but until the exhaust is done I shall leave it un-bolted.

More soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.