This topic contains 206 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Fourth Protocol 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Certainly not flawless, good enough though. Four coats in and still touching up.

FullBody35.jpg

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Paint is done.

FullBody36.jpg

Lots of little things left to do. Windows, re-do and attach door windows, attach boot door, attach door handles, attach oh sh*t handles, make rear view mirrors, paint wheel wells, paint underside, attach hood, attach hood catch, shorten rear links, finish and paint front and back bumpers, make a steering wheel, get a driver, hook up the lights, and paint the inside of the roof.

Bill
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That is looking superb!!

As ever you might have it in hand, or its not even on the radar but………. dolls house stick down carpet is perfect for 1/10th scale interiors. Comes in A4 sheets in most colours.

Sorry if its in hand etc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1311.R1.TR7.TRC1.A0.H1.Xdolls+house+car.TRS0&_nkw=dolls+house+carpet&_sacat=0

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Hadn’t even given it a thought :blink: The 1:1 has no carpet, but it IS a concept car after all. Will get some and see how it looks ::thumpsup::

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks fantastic. :worthy:
    Thanks for the link Bill, I’ve just ordered some carpet for a couple of projects.

Bill
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Yeh its really scale carpet, like it a lot.

DSCN2730_zpsza9efo3g.jpg

grubbybuz
    grubbybuz
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Yep thats awesome B) looking forward to see those extra details appearing ;popcorn;
    And may i congratulate you on your build thread top marks sir ;)

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Tomorrow is teh maiden runz. The stand-in driver is all set…

Driver01.jpg

Al murray
    Al murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

whats the plan for the unpainted inside parts? are they gonna be seen through the cab body or are you going down the tinted windows look?

Al..

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Al murray wrote:
    whats the plan for the unpainted inside parts? are they gonna be seen through the cab body or are you going down the tinted windows look?

Al..

Inside has been painted – it’s still nowhere near finished, which is why (for example) the boot has no lining. Yet :side: Also haven’t washed it since the run on Sunday :whistle:

inside06.jpg

Al murray
    Al murray
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

so the whites staying in the rear there?
    have you considered matting the seats down a little? i think that gloss look makes them look very plastic looking..

Al..

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    Al murray wrote:
    so the whites staying in the rear there?
    have you considered matting the seats down a little? i think that gloss look makes them look very plastic looking..

Al..

The white is the final colour, yes. It’s a mimic of the Porsche 356 in this post, which was the scheme I emulated. The red is staying as shiny as it is for no other reason than I like it. I pretend leather, rather than plastic ;) That said, colour choice in general has been a pretty emotive subject. I’ve had all sorts of recommendations which at first I took seriously, but I guess being my truck I needed to go with what I wanted.

What will change is the crash test dummy. He’ll be grey. The yellow gives the truck a bit of a Lego feel, which I really noticed from Sunday’s photos of it in the woods. He’s a stand-in driver though, so I might not even bother.

Anonymous
    • Looking For Mud

Just read through this from start to finish… inspired work dude, completely unique and totally awesome attention to detail… the webbing in the panels, the little touches and the level of work into small things like hinges etc is just immense !

Well done, thats something to be proud of for sure… and a 1st attempt too… mental !

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks man. Haven’t touched it since that run in the woods. Needed some time away from it. Starting to get the urge to finish it but I think I got food poisoning on Friday so I’ve been really out of it. Feeling pretty good this morning though :)

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

The Jeep is done, and the Unimog is going up for auction on Sunday so it’s time to finish this thing off.

Got the GCM shock relocation kit installed. It’s a pretty straightforward process. The photos on the GCM site provide a good explanation of how it goes in so I didn’t bother with pictures of the process. That said, I did struggle to get the rings onto the axle, so lightly sanded the ends of the axle down, which made things a lot easier.

WP_20160317_21_00_02_Pro_LI_zpsfrqowerr.jpg

The optional shocks that came with the kit are a lot stiffer than the stock ones, which I like. They do seem to sway sideways easily (one side up, the other down – desktop testing only) which I hope doesn’t cause torque twist. Going to have to move the top of the shocks further into the centre (there are 3 holes along that crossbar) to bring the back of the body down.

WP_20160317_22_08_04_Pro_LI_zpshcdju6z6.jpg

Here’s what it looks like inside. I’m going to have to redo the whole bed to make use of the space I get when the stock shock towers come out. Left them in there for now because I use the stock body posts to mount the body.

WP_20160317_22_09_19_Pro_LI_zpsnzno0ub7.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.