Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Bobba Jobba Recon G6 Fodder

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Davy CrockettDavy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Range rover looks great, you’ve made a nice job of that!

Like the Jean-Luc figure. But the neck doesn’t like right…. Looks like it’s a different colour between head and neck? And a different width?

SARGESARGE
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Fantastic!

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Range rover looks great, you’ve made a nice job of that! Like the Jean-Luc figure. But the neck doesn’t like right…. Looks like it’s a different colour between head and neck? And a different width?

Cheers.  Yes, that’s why I thought a cheeky scarfe to cover it up would work.

Fantastic!

Thank you. 🙂

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

GrasshopperGrasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Make it so.

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Number One.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’m still making a little progress here and there.  I’ve added some more stickers, got the seats mounted and Jean Luc properly positioned.  I’ve installed the ESC and have had a few runs around the garden to tune the suspension.  Initially there was a lot of torque twist on steep ascents and the rear shocks were articulating far too much so I’ve limited them internally, added some 4000 weight oil and stiffened up the springs.

It’s driving very nicely now and I’m really surprised how well it side hills.  Next job is to create some sort of box for the battery which will be mounted in the back over the rear axle.  I’ve also got a snorkel to try and fit, I need to make up some wipers and once I’ve finished fiddling with the inside put the side windows in (it’s much easier to open the doors without them.)

P1110718P1110754P1110737P1110735P1110730P1110726P1110721

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

After much jiggery pokery I’ve managed to get a servo winch installed alongside the steering servo. I used a double servo mounting bracket from GCM Racing, however it was incompatible with the SSD bumper. Fortunately I was able to slide the bracket further up the frame rails and secure it there.

In order to stop the drum from the winch servo fouling the steering servo arm I had to employ some spacers and secure the steering servo under the bracket and the winch servo on top of it. It all fits, just, there is no free space at all.

I made the servo winch out of a cheap PowerHD 13KG servo that I had kicking about. I just stripped out the control card and pot in the servo and wired an Mtronics Viper Marine ESC directly to the servo motor. Hooked it up to channel 3 and it’s working nicely, very strong. I’m nut sure how durable it will be under heavy load but time will tell.

P1110778P1110775

I also knocked up a very simplistic battery box.

P1110779

I positioned it off center to counter balance the weight of the driver a little, possibly help with the torque twist and leave room for some sand/bridging ladders.

P1110785

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

This doesn’t look like the beater it was meant to be🤐

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

This doesn’t look like the beater it was meant to be🤐

I fear you’re correct, I’ve fallen in love with it a bit too much.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.