This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by MarkB 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MarkB
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

Hi all, so my new kit (axial SCX10 II UMG) should be winging its way to me in the next few days but I would like some advice/help with batteries and servos please. I have chosen the servo I want to use and also the ESC (I decided to go brushless) pictures of these items are below (hopefully) but my question is this, I’ve noticed that everyone seems to run 3s lipos in crawlers and I have no experience with these batteries coming from the buggy world where only 2s lipos are allowed, so as a 3s Lipo is 11.1V and the servo is rated for 7.4V is this going to cause any problems? Do I need to fit a BEC or will my ESC have the capabilities to remedy this difference in voltage?

Thanks

ADD348E7-797A-48A3-8061-90F7238F3A75B30579C8-3886-4075-8278-DBD3F7CAD8E8

Mark

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

By default the ESC will likely output 6v to your servo.  You might be able to up it to 7.4 in the ESC settings.  Whether you need a BEC or not will depend on the ESC and how good its built in one is, I don’t have any experience with the Xerun.  With a 1080 I find I no longer need one, I haven’t experienced any brown outs as yet.

What radio are you going to be running?  If you want to set the ESC to 7.4v output you need to know your receiver can handle it, I think most can to be honest but better safe than sorry.  If not you can bypass it with a BEC.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

MarkB
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

Hi Charlie, I will be running a Futaba 3PV with a R304SB receiver, I run this receiver in my buggies but with a Futaba T4GRS stick controller, but I  have never encountered this problem as only 2s lipos are allowed in competition racing

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I put 7.4v through my Futaba receivers and have never had a problem.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

MarkB
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

Thanks Charlie for the help and advise 🙂 sounds like I should be ok to just plug and play then

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.