Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion Scale RC News Axial… update for anyone interested

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Josh 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Josh
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

Axial is now being distributed into the UK again as of 5-14 days time!!! It will be handled by Logic RC this time via Horizon hobbies(SHODDIES) in Germany but will still come with the tactic electronics and the axial branded (Hobbywing OEM only) AE-5 esc and axial 540 cans, none of that spaktrum stuff or dynamite-catch-fire from horizon like found in the Losi/Vaterra/some ECX vehicles (the ones that don’t use OEM parts). Also the prices are down £20-£100 across the range but it is a sadly a much reduced range (now 1 yeti, 2 wraith’s, 7 scx10’s and one bomber. but the smt10, yeti score, yeti xl and yeti Jr are all now discontinued by horizon) the rtr wraith AX90018 is down to 350 from 450 (retail) and the scx10.ii kit is back to £340 retail meaning its available for about £300-325 once discounted.

Parts are also going to be coming readily available again! also at a generally lower retail price across the range.

The kits landed in Germany this morning for distribution across the EU and UK.

I’ll post here as soon as they arrive in at logic so you can contact wherever you buy your stuff, whether its RCBitz or any of the other websites/shops if you want one.

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks for the update Josh.

Josh
    Josh
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

It is now in stock at logic RC from what I can tell and I believe martin at RCBitz has had some into him already. ill be getting mine today and Modelsport has also got them in already!

Syncro
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

SMT10 discontinued?

that’d be a shame, I hope not.

Josh
    Josh
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

SMT10 discontinued? that’d be a shame, I hope not.

sorry for late reply, sadly for now the SMT10 is out of the axial line up. but that’s horizon hobbies for you. they have stopped the best selling line up of large scale warbird and aeroplane kits by topflight. also they have paused production of most the hobbico models that rivalled any product from horizon, in the rc aircraft scene at least for now.

The SMT10 sold pretty well so I wouldn’t be too surprised if we saw something similar from one of their in house brands (Vatera/losi/ecx) in the next couple of years.

Also the vehicles that left up except the SCX10’s Didn’t make a huge amount of sense from what I’ve come the expect from horizon. they are strong believers that kit building is part of a bi-gone era and everything should be rtr or artr. we wont see too much loss of kits in the cars as losi and vatera have still got a few but all the plane kits are gone now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.