Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Another trail finder

• This topic has 22 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Mirror wise you should buy the rubber ones from rcmodelex. They take ten times the beatings before giving in.
    I usually get a few sets then you have some spares.

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thabks for that I will have a look in to It !

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Hi mate looking nice mirrors are a nightmare I’m running mine with one totally missing and just the base on the other side lol! Quick question are you just using the standard shocks with the 3 and 4 link suspension set up? What’s it like if that’s how your running it?

taff1969taff1969
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    bill wrote:
    Mirror wise you should buy the rubber ones from rcmodelex. They take ten times the beatings before giving in.
    I usually get a few sets then you have some spares.

Thanks for the info Bill will be ordering some of these later B)

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★
    jimbonio86 wrote:
    Hi mate looking nice mirrors are a nightmare I’m running mine with one totally missing and just the base on the other side lol! Quick question are you just using the standard shocks with the 3 and 4 link suspension set up? What’s it like if that’s how your running it?

Yes I am running the standard shocks with the link kits but I have lowered the rear shock mounting points on the rear cross member using the leaf spring mounting hardware, that gives the sAme articulation but stops the wheels rubbing the wheel arches . To be honest I can’t realy say how it is in comparison to the leaf springs because I never ran it with them , I just found They felt a bit loose and now it’s solid as a rock ! It goes over anything you put in front of it . I think with bigger wheels and tyres it would be miles better again but it realy suits thEse wheels.
    I thought I had made a running video yesterday but after Ten minutes I noticed the camera was t recording :( . I will post a picture of the rear shock set up !

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Sounds interesting really consindering doing away with the leafs on mine for the full link setup but money is limited as always :unsure: and decent shocks ain’t cheap :pinch:

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

To be honest I couldnt think of any reason to upgrade from the standard shocks , they Work great with A few drops of 35 weight oil in them . I bought both font and rear link kits with all the bolts for. Decent price , put a wanted post up , you never know !
    I’m putting my truck on eBay tomorrow night as I have just bought Somthing else to play with :)

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Sounds good I might have too! :) Shame your selling it :( go on spill the beans what’s the new toy ;)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.