Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Another Range Rover not going to be so Classic.

This topic contains 53 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Grasshopper 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

So, whilst driving back from the G6 I was mulling over this build and decided I didn’t like the TRX-4 axles under this. I realised it need a more scale looking axle. Fortunately I had my set of Mad Moose Portals under the TFL bronco, and having already destroyed the rear casing once I choose to remove them from the Bronco and fit them to this, The TRX axles have ended up under the Bronco 🙂

Today I set about completing the rear drive line and suspension, I may need to tweek the spring rates slightly once all the scale tat is installed in the camper but as of this moment the rear can support it’s own weight and there is a propshaft from the axle to the transfer case.

20190602_13520020190602_13521920190602_135135

With the rear done I have now started on the front.

20190602_13494320190602_134953

I am hoping to get the front finished this week and then I can get the motor and gear box installed.

More as it happens,

Thanks for looking.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

They definitely suit the quality of this build. And the storage panels will happily carry the Mad Moose bits when they fall off 🙊

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

They definitely suit the quality of this build. And the storage panels will happily carry the Mad Moose bits when they fall off 🙊

Yeah, definitely more in keeping with the theme, and hopefully won’t get broken as this won’t be getting driven hard.

So Sunday afternoon update.

We have a roller.

I have chosen to go for a 1 link and panhard on the front as I haven’t done one before. Seems to work ok so far, I don want to add a brace to it before I paint it. Also made some custom front shock towers.

20190608_163050

20190608_16310520190608_163219

Bench flex shot anyone ?

Oh go on then.

20190608_163208

So that was Saturdays progress,

Today I have made a front bumper and started (in between the rain showers) putting some paint on the body.

20190609_16350220190609_163517

20190609_163510

Not totally sure what colour to actually paint the body, the bonnet will be staying matt black. might go for red as I haven’t ever done a red rig.

More soon.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

For those that don’t know me well I have been struggling with depression/anxiety for about the last 10 years, it’s not something i’m proud of however it’s also not something I am ashamed of either and talking about it helps me but also might help others who are also struggling but don’t feel comfortable talking about it.

Up until recently building tiny trucks has been one of the things I do for therapy, however in the last year or so I have been stuck in a low and struggling to get the motivation together to complete even minor tasks on my builds leading to them sitting.

After the Nationals in October, having had a blast with the usual suspects and making a couple of minor changes to my work life balance I have found so mojo to finish the builds I have on the go. First off will be this as it’s the closest to being complete.

I started this weekend.

and got the drive train finalised, and I have choosen the final colour for the body.

The next few days should see the last of the exterior body modifications finished and then I can get some primer on the body.

I have decided to break the build into 2 parts and get it it up and running as a tray back Ute by Christmas and then finish the camper section in the new year.

20191103_124455

This is how it stands as of the start of the day. I will post some pictures of the doors once the paint has had a chance to dry.

Next up will be detailing the dash and fitting the new seats that are printing at the moment. Then it should just be adding the electrics and a few scale details and it will be ready to hit some trails.

more as it happens,

Thanks as ever for looking.

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Yay for getting this one done, I like red trucks 😉 Props on your honesty, it can be a very dark world we live in.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Yay for getting this one done, I like red trucks 😉 Props on your honesty, it can be a very dark world we live in.

Cheers, funny you should mention Red.

20191103_151900

MarkB
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

Looks fantastic, as a real life 1:1 Land Rover owner, I have to say the scale detail on this rig is amazing

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looking great Pete and good to see you back on it fella 🙂

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

One link with panhard? I’ve never heard of that before, sounds like witchcraft.

Me being someone that gets bits out of a box and crudely plonks them together, your scale engineering always amazes me. Also love the struts on the bed and the front bumper too, great stuff!

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.