Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Another Range Rover not going to be so Classic.

This topic contains 44 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Pete Attryde 2 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Oooh, now all has been revealed and I’m drooling here, love, love, love it.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Still designing and printing bits for this,

All 4 parts of the upper rear bed are now printed and the glue is currently drying having attached all of them together.

In the evening’s this week, I have been working on the lower section of the rear bed.

This is what I have come up with so far.

Complete Rear Bed lower frame

Complete Rear Bed lower frame b

Complete Rear Bed and frame

The cab rear is half printed, so when the second part is done I shall be able to work out how to attach the cab to the chassis.

More soon.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

mark
    mark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Love the way this is going. Building a rig to carry the parts that’ll break 🙊

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Love the way this is going. Building a rig to carry the parts that’ll break 🙊

Cheers Mark, what do you mean break, my rigs never break 🙂

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Fantastic work, looking forward to progress

Struggled of late due to mental issues and won’t elaborate but builds like this have helped and inspired muchly!

Can’t promise to replicate a similar build though 😀

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Fantastic work, looking forward to progress Struggled of late due to mental issues and won’t elaborate but builds like this have helped and inspired muchly! Can’t promise to replicate a similar build though 😀

Cheers Davy,

I can sympathise, I have often struggled to get motivated with builds, especially when the happy pills don’t seem to work. I also find that reading up on others builds, can get me motivated to work on stuff again.

The thing I am struggling with over the last couple of years is actually getting out and running the stuff I build.

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

The thing I am struggling with over the last couple of years is actually getting out and running the stuff I build.

Yup, that’s so me too. Signed up to a whole herd of events (well, four) this year to try counter that.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Small up date,

All the 3d printed sections for the rear bed are printed and mostly glued together.

I still need to make some doors for the storage compartments,

The roof tent is a design by Knights customs that you can down load and print yourself, so I did 🙂

20190511_100346

after some sanding, filler primer, more sanding some more filler primer, another round of sanding I got the main colour on the roof tent. once I have painted the details, I think I am going to give it a couple of coats of matt lacquer to take the shine off, that said I am really pleased with the look so far.

20190511_17053620190511_170545

more soon.

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Great stuff Pete, loving that roof tent.  A wash with some Agrax Earthshade or similar would really bring out the relief.

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Fantastic stuff! Really good work and that tent is ace !

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

So the weekend progress on the Range Rover has been both good and bad.

The good being that the cab is now mounted to the chassis and I know where the rear links need to go, the bad being that I need to  re-work the rear tray and storage as it all sits around 10-15mm to low on the chassis 🙁

20190519_131155

20190519_16041320190519_16042120190519_16035920190519_16033620190519_16031320190519_160307

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Mid week update.

New tray fitted to the Range Rover.

20190522_20342720190522_20343220190522_203423

Originally I planned to cut the box down too, but now I have it mocked up I kinda like the way it looks.

20190522_20363320190522_203646

Don’t think I will get much more done to this now until the weekend after next as I am at the G6 this weekend.

Thanks as always for looking in.

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I like the proportions on that too Pete, looks great.

Earthlab-driver
    Earthlab-driver
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

Thats a very inspiring build ………… attention to detail is brill… whoo watching this develop..

Is that sketchup your using to work on the models for printing

models :) and yet more models  ..... and some other stuff for making models :)

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I like the proportions on that too Pete, looks great.

Cheers Charlie.

Thats a very inspiring build ………… attention to detail is brill… whoo watching this develop.. Is that sketchup your using to work on the models for printing

Thanks, and yes it’s sketchup. I like the fact it’s free and not too complicated.

I know there are far better bits of design software out there but this does what I want and has some handy plug-ins that help clean up models to aid 3D printing.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.