Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Another Range Rover not going to be so Classic.

This topic contains 47 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Pete Attryde 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Still plugging away at the 3d models, I am now happy with the dash and how it fits to the curve of the windscreen. so I shall be uploading that later.I still need to fix redesign the steering column as I don’t like what I have at the moment. I have also finished the first rework of the center console, so once the test print has finished I shal either re-work it some more or upl load that.

Finally I re-visted the seats and added some more curves and a small amount of detail, so they look a bit less toy like.

Passenger side seat reworked

again once the test print of the seat has completed I should be able to upload them as well.

More soon.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Dash files uploaded and can be found here for free :-

Pete’s Scale Fab Shop on pinshape

Enjoy.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

The test print of the seat and center console both came out well, so I have now added them to my pinshape page. I have also reworked the instrument binnacle to more accurately represent an 80’s era dash. Next up is going to be the demister vents and the gear levers.

I have mocked up the parts of the interior I have printed so far and am very happy with how they go together, the instrument binnacle is my previous version and no the latest. So far I haven’t done any clean up work on the parts, other than removing the support structure generated whilst printing. I hope to loose some of the sharp edges when I get round to sanding the parts before painting them.

20190323_15435820190323_15443220190323_15444120190323_154451

The small holes in the top of the center console are due to slightly less than optimal printer settings (the top layer is too thin)

20190323_154523  Binnacle c

Centre console

I might actually get up the shed tomorrow and attack some metal.

Thanks as ever for looking,

More soon.

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Stunning work as ever Pete!! Really like the printing

I was hoping to get my dash printed but work taking all my time right now

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow Pete, great work, that’s looking the absolute business!

Fourth Protocol
    Fourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Loving it. And am going to purchase me a 3D printer. Well, weirdly birthday’s coming up again this year, so hoping the GF will pay.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow Pete, great work, that’s looking the absolute business!

Loving it. And am going to purchase me a 3D printer. Well, weirdly birthday’s coming up again this year, so hoping the GF will pay.

Cheers Chaps,

I have done a bit more work on the center console. this one is going to be Auto, I will also do a manual version. I am just in the process of drawing the gear levers, plus the indicator and wiper stalks.

center console f

Mike,

for the type of builds you do I think you will find a 3d printer really handy. Just be prepared for some frustration getting the thing set up in the first place.

Now the real world is settling down a bit I may actually be able to spend some time in the shed and make some real progress on this build rather than just virtual progress 😉

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve downloaded the dashboard Pete refined and shared and it looks good on PC ….. Although, 4 hours to print with course settings it came out a bit rough so I’ll reprint finer

Mike,

Get a printer…. I had printing addiction at first doing all-sorts of stuff, amazing to see things build on the printer.

Great for scale bits, seats and things for builds, loads of stuff free to download on thingiverse

I use SketchUp for work and following Pete’s help I’ve drawn stuff and printed it. You can print instead of buying it!!!

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Spent some time in the shed today, I have finally cut the body to length and then trial assembled it. I have also made a start on the chassis, this is not going to be as custom as I originally intended but I am still going to end up making a number of custom parts for the suspension etc.

20190406_14140020190406_14140520190406_14143620190406_14144220190406_16334120190406_163345

This afternoon I have drawn up and started a test print of a transfer case skid.

Traxxas TRX hammer skid

I am hoping to get a little more done tomorrow, but that may depend on the boss,

Oh and if anyone fancies building a 6×6 range rover I know where there is a rear end going spare. 🙂

raven62
    raven62
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

astonishing. chapeau for your intent on details.

Regards

Ralf

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

astonishing. chapeau for your intent on details.

Thank you, I sometimes find I get bogged down in the detials and should just build a working rig 🙂

a little more today.

Got the transfer box installed, and established that the main gearbox will fit as well.

20190407_15574420190407_16011420190407_155739

I also now have a plan for the rear end, which once I have made a bit more progress I shall reveal.

That’s it for this weekend, but I might manage to escape for a couple of evenings in the week too.

Thanks as always for stopping by, more as it happens.

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I am genuinely intrigued to see where you’re going with this Pete.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I am genuinely intrigued to see where you’re going with this Pete.

Ute might be suprised 🙂

Biggest part of the rear is all drawn up, and the first section is about to begin printing.

rear bed upperrear bed upper 2Complete Rear Bed Upper cComplete Rear Bed Upper bComplete Rear Bed

More soon.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

So 1 week later and the half of the rear is printed, I had to split it into 4 to get it to fit the print bed (yes that is 3.5 days per section to print).

20190420_173038

20190420_173055

The second half should actually print a little faster as it won’t need as much support material.

The beginings of the floor and transmission tunnel have been installed, and I can get the body to sit where I want on the TRX-4 chassis and have all the interior fit. I have also made a first attempt at the panel for the rear of the cab. I am hoping to print this as it will be easier than making it from flat sheet.

Cab Back b2Cab Back b

I am now waiting the printer to finish printing stuff again I suspect it will be next weekend before another big update.

Thanks as ever for looking.

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Incredible work as ever!!

I think I know where you’re heading now…….. 🙂 🙂

I started a large print but unfortunately it popped off the bed after 3 hours and resulted in a pile of spaghetti…. Much profanity and lesson learned

Look forward to seeing more

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.