Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Another Range Rover Classic

• This topic has 48 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Davy Crockett.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    1977bnc1977bnc
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That’s a shame…. I have exactly these rims and they were a right pain but eventually located ok

Instagram @scalerc77

Davy CrockettDavy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve struggled lately with this build and inspiration, pushed on regardless and admitted to myself that I wasn’t happy with how it looked…

Spent some time on the interior and drastic decision I stripped the shell to start again!

I’ll save a lengthy update and skip to photos of progress…

GrasshopperGrasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Loving the new colour and the interior looks ace!

I gave my pal those dirt grabbers too as they look really nice and scale – one thing though, you’ll need some really stiff foams in there as they are quite tall and with the extra weight of the body, side-hilling becomes nigh on impossible. Just a thought

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’ve sat and looked at the Rangey and the colour just didn’t do it 🙁 🙁

So…….. Shell stripped and rattle can time…… Again!!!!

I am happy now! The biggest thing was Ms Crockett (who has zero interest!) seeing it and saying “ooh, I like that!” 😀 😀

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

As I scrolled through I was like oh I like the green but the red is spot on. It’ll be very convincing outside in the sun.

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

As Charlie said in his thread, I too lost letters from the Range Rover decals and was going to order another set, but browsing t’ Tinterweb I found a sheet of 4mm black self adhesive lettering for just over £4 so thought I give it a whirl. Not exactly the font but close enough for me!

Used masking tape as a ‘level’ line and practiced with a few letters that I wouldn’t use

Few shots in the sunshine 🙂 🙂

Few cosmetic bits to finish and I think that’ll be it!!

GeoffGeoff
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looks Great, well done.

Geoff in London    

RCWTF OFFICIAL REDCAT GEN 7 DRIVER 

GrasshopperGrasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That looks really good outside, I wasn’t a fan of the colour at first but it’s grown on me and looks really unique. You’ve done the lettering well too, ties it all together nicely!

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Very nice indeed, the lettering looks very close to scale.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

So, last few months have been a struggle – work, health, loss…… hopefully getting back on track and focusing on positives.

Decided that I’d finish the Range Rover after not touching a build for nearly 6 months and picked up where I left it!!! So I couldn’t get the Dirt Grabbers to fit the Chinese clone beadlocks but strangely the SDI Grip Doctors I managed to fit. Broke the hinge on the rear window so drew up an alternative and printed them, along with a fuel cap and front wipers. Few scale bits in the back and nicked Charlie’s spare tyre idea 🙂 🙂

Last bits are to print a rear wiper and fit sidelights

Thanks for looking……..

GrasshopperGrasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Sorry to hear about your struggles, it’s always cathartic to throw yourself into a build and shut everything else out sometimes.

Making great progress, I actually prefer those tyres too. They don’t look quite as tall as the dirt grabbers.

MarkBMarkB
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Looks fantastic Davy, I love it

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Sorry to hear about your struggles, it’s always cathartic to throw yourself into a build and shut everything else out sometimes. Making great progress, I actually prefer those tyres too. They don’t look quite as tall as the dirt grabbers.

Thanks pal, put the struggles behind me now and busy getting on!

You’re right about shutting stuff off in a build, hadn’t realised how much i’d missed it

Looks fantastic Davy, I love it

Cheers pal!!

Hopefully get it dirty next week!

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That looks great.  Did your bonnet sides line up out of the box or did you have to do anything to it?  I’ve had three of these kits so far and every one of them has a bonnet where the sides are lower than the sides on the scuttle.

Love the shot of all the kit in the back.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That looks great. Did your bonnet sides line up out of the box or did you have to do anything to it? I’ve had three of these kits so far and every one of them has a bonnet where the sides are lower than the sides on the scuttle. Love the shot of all the kit in the back.

Thanks pal!! Yes, lined up out the box, done nowt to make it fit. Strange that all your bonnets don’t line up

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.