Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds Another Range Rover Classic

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Pete Attryde 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I among others on here am building a Range Rover Classic, some may have seen a few pics I’ve posted.

I’m keeping this very brief as a) there’s other builds much more worthy of forum space/comment and b) don’t want to hijack other threads

Anyway, shell built and painted, black paint added, lights painted and bumpers on.

I started to fit the windows but had a catastrophy and got super glue smears and marks everywhere…… No pics 🙁 🙁

Not sure I can save the windows but hey ho…lesson learned, may end up sprayed with tamiya smoke

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looking superb and no need to keep your posts brief, I want to see all the details.  I hate super glue with a passion, I always end up with it everywhere except where I want it.  I recommend using shoe goo, it holds really well, gives you loads of time to get things lined up and excess can be rubbed off when dry.

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looking superb and no need to keep your posts brief, I want to see all the details. I hate super glue with a passion, I always end up with it everywhere except where I want it. I recommend using shoe goo, it holds really well, gives you loads of time to get things lined up and excess can be rubbed off when dry.

Thanks for the advice on the glue. I’ve managed to remove most of the bleeds/fingerprints with gentle t cutting and soapy water except the big one on the windscreen…. Lesson learned and will try shoo goo in future

Your build has covered everything I did with the shell hence why I kept it brief

Despite searching last few weeks, I can’t find a rostyle wheel to download for 3d printing so gave the cheap rims a silver dusting

Windows in, bumpers fitted and bit more cosmetic bits done

SARGE
    SARGE
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

You’ve done good job there my friend. Changing the wheels to silver has made a big difference.

We we must try and get a trip out with our trucks, all,these years and never made it!

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks pal for the kind words

We must arrange something, been talking about it long enough!

Found a couple of great local runs

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looking way ahead I havent thought much about an interior due to lacking the skills that others possess, kind of thought I’d just tint the glass with tamiya smoke.

Browsing the tinterweb while our gert was watching TV I stumbled across a fully 3d printed Range Rover and didn’t pay much attention until I saw pics…..

Further browsing resulted in what’s just materialised on the printer……..

Looks very different once the support print is removed

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

2 front seats

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Cool, with mounts too, very handy!

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Cool, with mounts too, very handy!

Only trouble is motor and transmission are in the way for the seats to remain intact!

On a plus, 3d printed bits are easy to trim 🙂

I have also have a dashboard and steering wheel ready to print

Has anyone found the decals in stock anywhere??

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

dashboard

swheel.jpg

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looking good, Nice find on the seats and dash, care to share where you found them 😉

I found these which might be of interest, I haven’t tried printing them :- Rostyle Wheels

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Pete… Thanks for the link, tha’s a gud ‘un!!!!

Link to the other bits

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3253387

There’s loads of files in the zip file……. and all the names are in French 😀 😀

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Downloaded the file kindly posted by Pete…

rostyle

Test print last night didn’t come out too well, the layer thickness was too high resulting in a very course finish.

Might be able to save it with a little sanding.

Might get chance to try another tonight but finer setting takes 3h 40 per wheel!!

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Minor update time… 3d printed the rostyle wheel and on closer inspection, it appears that the hex ‘socket’ inside the wheel looks off centre (not sure if pic shows it well)

I’ve had a root round the spares boxes and found 4 plastic wheels and cut one in half to try as a donor back for the rostyle

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That’s a shame about the wheels 🙁

I have changed direction on my build and therefore have these surplass to requirements, 20181125_14503920181114_094142

I don’t have any hex adapters for them as I was going to make my own brass ones. PM me if your interested.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.