Scale RC Forum General News & Discussion General Scale and Crawling A morning out trailing in the woods by the quarry

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Salutations to all and sundry, after a beautiful week of glorious weather I managed to get out on the rainiest day of the year. It was OK though because it was quite warm still and we were deep in the woods so didn’t get too absolutely saturated.

My pal had his TRX4 Rangie and I took out the G2 D90 pick up.

Forgive the poor potato quality, my old iPhone is way overdue a replacement but I don’t care much for phones, as long as it calls and texts I’ll keep it’s crumbly, dessicated ass going. Pretty much same with my trucks too tbh. All my batteries are years old now so don’t have half the charge they used too, the electrics are long overdue an upgrade. Still had loads of fun though!

We did some ‘Top Gear’ trailing which involves picking a direction and driving it no matter what comes up – cue some dodgy ‘bridge’ building to get over streams and some sketchy routes involving deep water and mud:

My mate was having issues with the rear of his truck sitting low so stuffed some longer shocks on there, which looked OK when flat but dropped a mile out the bottom every time he went over something!

We made it out of the woods and back to the quarry just as the batteries died and the rain inexplicably stopped. Fantastic.

A view of the pure crystal green waters. Swimming not advised, drinking frowned upon.

Great morning out all in all!

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

Davy Crockett
    Davy Crockett
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Some good pics and 2 great looking rigs!

Enjoyed the read and thanks for sharing 🙂 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks for sharing, the drowned Range Rover looks excellent.  Looks as though you had a great crack, despite the weather.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Grasshopper
    Grasshopper
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Got out for another run this weekend at a new spot in Danbury.

Didn’t take too many pics as we were having too much fun.

I have been using the same six NI-MH batteries for around nine years now (!), one HPI plazma 3300mah and five non-branded 3300mah ones – the Plazma was the only one that gave me a solid 45 mins + of continuous run time and the others were a mix bag which eventually resulted in two dead and three that would last about ten minutes before dropping in power.

Last week I bought an another HPI Plazma 4700mah and took it out this weekend. Well, I was beyond impressed. It lasted as long as my mates’ Lipo (standard Traxxas one) and we were in the woods for almost three hours with a run time of at least an hour and a half, I reckon, with no power drop. It made me re-evaluate whether I really NEED a lipo system (well, at least while funds are tight). My G2 easily matched and sometimes surpassed my mate’s TRX4. Anyway, just thought I’d share!

Oh, and these:

My missus was moaning about the trucks taking up room and looking untidy (they were all across the tabletop with radio gear and tools liberally sprayed around too) so I got me some storage boxes! I love it, I even just take the whole box out in the car now, keeps everything related to that one truck together and doubles as an ‘airlock’ for mud and debris too..

Axial SCX10 Dingo D90    RC4WD TF2 Hilux     RC4WD G2 D90

Sysop
    Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

More great shots, they look so good together.  I went LiPo as I found I needed batteries off all different shapes and sizes to fit into my various builds but if your NI-MH are working for you then as you say, why change?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.