Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds 1963 (maybe) Chevy K10 Stepside (kinda)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    raven62
    raven62
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

M1? I guess I won’t see them or process them in such a accurate way.

Chapeau!

Regards

Ralf

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Tidy job Pete, I struggle with M2 screws let alone them small things 🙂

A pair of curved tweezers and a watch makers screw driver made the task surprisingly stress free, although very repetitive.

M1? I guess I won’t see them or process them in such a accurate way. Chapeau!

I have promised myself I won’t do a bed floor this way again, but am really happy with the final result.

Got the last 90 odd screws installed (only dropped 2 and I found one of them 🙂 ) and gave the complete a first coat of clear gloss. The clear coat has really brought the colour up on the wood and given the overall effect I hoped it would.

20180802_19520820180802_195221

I then ran out of clear so will have to wait until the weekend put a couple more coats on.

The dash is also coming on, steering wheel is an axial one, painted to suit. need to print some decals to complete the gauges and tidy up a couple of edges but again very pleased with the outcome.

20180802_195227

lastly for tonight got the grill insert painted just need to install the headlight buckets.

20180802_195201

All the big bits of body work are now their final colour, I just need to give them a quick sand with some 1200 grit wet and dry and then a couple of coats of clear gloss to give it that just restored shine.

20180802_195426

The next big challenge is going to be making the front bumper as I kind of want to go for a stock looking one but the shape is quite complicated as can be seen.

12D21D09-6D78-476F-923C-C88894506AD8_1

More soon.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Any progress on this Pete?

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Any progress on this Pete?

How odd that you should ask that today.

I have been ignoring this build for awhile as the windscreen has been driving me nuts and without it I can’t fit the dash and the rest of the interior.

However today I had a break through and have, after aprroximately 18 attempts over the last few months, got a windscreen in that I am happy with.

20181125_121239

It does have one small mark on it where I managed to touch it with a finger that had some super glue on it, but it’s not to bad and I am going to leave it alone so it doesn’t get any worse.

20181125_12121920181125_121212

I also got the tires mounted to the GCM 1.55 slotmags I just need to sort some different wheel nuts to complete the look.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Good stuff Pete, glad to see this back. I too seem to have too many things on the go at the moment and with the imminent arrival of the Range Rover, well, it’s all gone Pete Tong.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.