Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds 1963 (maybe) Chevy K10 Stepside (kinda)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Retrocosm 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    raven62
    raven62
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

I’m speechless. Superb work so far.

——

When all things from a 3d-printer will be so smooth direct out of the printer, I will buy one 🙂

Regards

Ralf

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

I’m speechless. Superb work so far. —— When all things from a 3d-printer will be so smooth direct out of the printer, I will buy one 🙂

Thank you, I believe that SLA printers (rather than FDM like mine) do produce a very smooth surface already however they are not a user friendly and tend to have a smaller build volume.

Today has been spent sanding, glueing, sanding, filling, sanding and priming the cab. Whilst various layers have been drying/setting, I fired up sketchup and made a stab at the dash board.

Dashboard 2Dashboard

For reference here’s one of the pictures I was work too.151590_Interior_Web

The door cards will be next and, and may be a challenge due to the shape of the doors.

More soon.

Pete's Scale Fab Shop - Facebook  Instagram

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Looking good

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Looking good

Thanks 🙂

I adjusted the design tonight, rounded the tops of the binnacles. I think they look better and are closer to the 1:1.

Dashboard v2

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

After much sanding,filling and priming during the week I finally put the first colour on the cab and bonnet. Also recieved a deceptively small box from Canada which contained a GCM CMAX chassis. So between coats of paint I assembled it, have gone for leaf rear and coil-sprung 3 link/panhard up front.

20180722_15483420180722_154823

Lastly this week I printed off the dash to check the fit of it in the body. I am happy with how it came out and how well it fits the body, I just want to tweak the design slightly to add some mounting tabs.

20180722_154811

Plan for this week is to get the second colour on the cab and fill,sand and paint the rear tub.

Ciao for now.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow Pete, looks so good!

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Wow Pete, looks so good!

Cheers Charlie,

Got a few more bits and pieces done over the last few days.

Worked out the final position for the cab and bed, just need to print some mounts. This allowed me to lock in the postion of the Motor/trans. Also made a start on the merry go round that is the sand/fill/sand/prime process on the bed.

20180727_16325820180727_16333120180727_16421620180727_16422520180727_164253

As the boss is out tomorrow I should be able to spend the day in the shed and get some more stuff done.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Sorry to sound like a broken record but again wow, I really, really like how this is coming together.

ScaleAddict
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Very cool. Love the color</p>

toyolien
    toyolien
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That’s a work of art Pete! What primer did you use on the tranmission?

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Sorry to sound like a broken record but again wow, I really, really like how this is coming together.

Very cool. Love the color

Thanks Chaps.

That’s a work of art Pete! What primer did you use on the tranmission?

Thanks Sir, I gave it a good degrease and then a coat of etch primer. Seems to have worked ok so far.

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Yeah so being bored with sanding I decided to tackle a more interesting task this evening.

20180801_193938

Took the bed floor I printed and painted the other day and added some strips of real wood veneer. The roll is 16mm wide the slots are only 10mm wide so this involved some measuring and cutting. The strips were then super glued in place.

20180801_193955

then came the fun bit, drilled about 120 0.9mm diameter holes, then started to install an m1 screw in each previously drilled hole. The screws came from a cheap glasses repair kit from amazon.

20180801_202007

After a couple of rows I got bored (yes, again) and stopped for the evening. I shall resume tomorrow. The plan once all the screws are installed is to lacquer the complete piece to protect the wood from the elephants (or should that be elements).

20180801_202020

I am waiting a couple of bits to finish up the driveline, and need to decide whether to go for a bench seat or a pair of seats so I can make the floor pan up.

More soon.

Sysop

Retrocosm
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That works really well Pete, come on admit it, how many screws have you dropped so far?

Pete Attryde
    Pete Attryde
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

That works really well Pete, come on admit it, how many screws have you dropped so far?

Yeah very happy with the overall effect. So far surprisingly I haven’t dropped a single one however I still have around 90 to install.

jonny191
    jonny191
    • Trailing And Scaling
    • ★★★★

Tidy job Pete, I struggle with M2 screws let alone them small things 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.