Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Off-Road builds 1960 Toyota FJ28VA Hardtop

• This topic has 24 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by Retrocosm.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

OMG, you officially win, everything.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • Ready To Trail
    • ★★

Jesus Christ 😮 you sir are a true artist,that’s superb that pal 👌

Fourth ProtocolFourth Protocol
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

OMG, you officially win, everything.

Lol thank you 😃 It really is a lot easier than you think. It just takes patience.

Jesus Christ 😮 you sir are a true artist,that’s superb that pal 👌

Thank you 😃

The body is pretty much done now (body, floor, hood, roof and doors) so I can start on the fun stuff – the details 😎 That’s real fake leather right there!

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Beautiful, are they working windows I see?

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook JSScale Team Driver

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Beautiful, are they working windows I see?

Thank you and no they are not. I’d intended for them to be but it’s a time sink. I can do it with a long servo arm but with half a turn to wind completely up or down it’s not realistic. The FJ (like pretty much all cars in the 60’s) uses a cable mechanism which I modelled 4 years ago but kinda didn’t get it to work. Well technically it worked, but it was jerky and kept getting stuck.

I think I’ll do this as a side project some day… For now that door with the missing door card is simply part of the beaten-up look of the build. Like it broke, and the owner started dismanteling the thing to fix it but just never got round to finishing the repair. Like many of my own DIY endeavours 😉

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Bar obviously a fair bit of clean-up all the doors are in now.

jonny191jonny191
    • Scaling Like A Pro
    • ★★★★★

Lookin good Mike, big thumbs up, really astounds me how much patients you’ve got, your making me feel bad for not touching any of my builds for month’s 🙁

What would look good on the door without a door card would be a pair of mole grips on the winder (cos that’s how it’d be in real life 😉 )

keep up the good work

• Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Lookin good Mike, big thumbs up, really astounds me how much patients you’ve got, your making me feel bad for not touching any of my builds for month’s 🙁

What would look good on the door without a door card would be a pair of mole grips on the winder (cos that’s how it’d be in real life 😉 )

keep up the good work

Thank you. Stinkey Pete’s mole grip is already the handle on his toilet 😬 He might could go to the hardware store for a pair if it rains and he needs to shut the window…

Anyway, spending too much time on the new house and not enough on tiny trucks. All I managed was the bobbejaanspanner (Afrikaans for monkey wrench, literally actually baboon wrench because that’s how they roll down there) door handle.

It slides and everything.

markmark
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

If we start telling you how nice those bobbejaanspaner is will we get one in the post?

Sysop
    • Scale Off Road Pro
    • ★★★★★★

Man that is some fiddly arsed detail, brilliant work.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.