Scale RC Forum Forum Members’ Builds Other Scale Projects 1950’s Retro Gas Pump

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Fourth Protocol
      • Scale Off Road Pro
      • ★★★★★★

Got some more done last night. The grey is a weather-proof undercoat/primer. The mocha (don’t laugh, it was free) on the front is the final colour.

Russian cigarette ad – was wondering how this might work as a Siberian outpost, in the interests of not surrendering to expectation. It’s lexan-fronted styrene mounted with magnets, so can be swapped out to promote an event or vendor or something.

Gas_Station_16.jpg

The boxes on the right there are what I originally bought the plywood for – all my trucks are in there, ready for the move to Germany.

Gas_Station_17.jpg

The side door still under construction. They (doors and windows) are hard work. All the doors open and close, but the windows don’t.

Gas_Station_18.jpg

Still no idea what I’m going to do with the back door. Maybe something that slides/rolls to the side.

Gas_Station_19.jpg

Going to use this as a scale garage, too. The idea is to remove part of the roof, and a wall or maybe two, making a photography studio. Would require lots more cleanup and detail on the inside.

Gas_Station_20.jpg

Fourth Protocol
        • Scale Off Road Pro
        • ★★★★★★

Couldn’t face doing another window so I boarded the last one up and drew on some graffiti. He’s my favourite of all time, forever. He can end Batman, Predator, Alien… And Judge Anderson hangs out with him!

Gas_Station_21.jpg

toyolien
          • Scale Off Road Pro
          • ★★★★★★

That looks amazing with a splash of colour, i really like it. What are you plans for the interior?

Fourth Protocol
            • Scale Off Road Pro
            • ★★★★★★
            neilus wrote:
            That looks amazing with a splash of colour, i really like it. What are you plans for the interior?

Thinking a ramp, because I can’t put a pit in there. A workbench along one side, and an office/shop with cash register on the other. I have a scantily-clad Super Sonico that will sit in that tiny add-on room. Maybe answering the phone. Or taking dictation…

All of it will need to be easily removable, because I’d only really use it for photographing trucks.

Fourth Protocol
              • Scale Off Road Pro
              • ★★★★★★

Walls and painting is done.

Gas_Station_22.jpg

Gas_Station_23.jpg

My favourite wall so far, but I’m a bit of a 2000AD groupie. Drawing on wood with weather-proof primer and two coats of paint is not as easy as you’d think.

Gas_Station_24.jpg

Gas_Station_25.jpg

That wall is begging for a Max Headroom sign.

Gas_Station_26.jpg

Gas_Station_27.jpg

Gas_Station_28.jpg

Roof is next, and I’m still working out what I want to do. A hinged system would be nice, and ideally split neatly in half so that constituent parts are no bigger than the walls, making packing into a box easier.

Al murray
                • Scale Off Road Pro
                • ★★★★★★

stunning job FP and glad to hear your a fellow Dredd head.. Drokkin awsome ..

any plans for some tin signs for it? oil logos, tyre etc

Al..

Fourth Protocol
                  • Scale Off Road Pro
                  • ★★★★★★
                  Al murray wrote:
                  stunning job FP and glad to hear your a fellow Dredd head.. Drokkin awsome ..

any plans for some tin signs for it? oil logos, tyre etc

Al..

Superman, 007 and Chuck Norris in a room, duel to the death. Judge Dredd wins :-)

Thanks and yeah, loads of ideas. Something along the lines of these –

Reference 03.jpg

Reference 05.jpg

Reference 06.jpg

Fourth Protocol
                    • Scale Off Road Pro
                    • ★★★★★★

Making a box to ship it to Germany in. Putting EVA foam in there to keep it from banging itself against itself.

Gas_Station_Storage_01.jpg

Fourth Protocol
                      • Scale Off Road Pro
                      • ★★★★★★

Just not getting much time for trucks at the moment, but have been stealing a couple hours here and there to finish off the gas station.

I didn’t bring the paint over from London so had to repaint all of it, which took some time.

Fourth Protocol
                        • Scale Off Road Pro
                        • ★★★★★★

Got a garage sign made. It was hand-painted at like 2am or something, so it’s best not to look at it too closely. Looks ace from a distance though.

Gas Station Sign.jpg

Also replaced that Russian cigarette ad with a better (smaller) sized Coca Cola bill board.

Coca Cola sign

And finally a picture of the thing as it stands.

Gas Station

Nothing’s ever finished though. This needs a new roof that lets me use it as a scale garage. That means I have to deck out the inside to look like a scale garage. And some of the window frames need redoing. Oh well. Progress at least.

jimbo_wa
                          • Scale Off Road Pro
                          • ★★★★★★

Dread’s dead baby!

Lovely work as always and impressive detail.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Fourth Protocol
                            • Scale Off Road Pro
                            • ★★★★★★

Dread’s dead baby!

Lovely work as always and impressive detail.

Thank you ? Aaaaand you’re talking about threat prioritisation right?

Damage
                            Reproducibility
                            Exploitability
                            Affected Users
                            Discoverability

DREAD as originally proposed by Microsoft required scoring each of the five categories on a scale from zero to ten. This leads to very heated, but usually not very productive, discussions on the fine differences between five and six. I know this ???

Alas. I speak of The Judge ?

ScaleAddict
                              • Scale Off Road Pro
                              • ★★★★★★

Very nice

Sysop
                              Retrocosm
                                • Scale Off Road Pro
                                • ★★★★★★

Very impressive, I always fail to envisage just how large such things need to be.  Will you be weathering it? I have a hankering to weather it.

Retrocosm On YouTube   Instagram   Website   Twitter   Facebook

Fourth Protocol
                                  • Scale Off Road Pro
                                  • ★★★★★★

Very impressive, I always fail to envisage just how large such things need to be. Will you be weathering it? I have a hankering to weather it.

Thanks and yes, I’d love to weather it. Waiting for another (any!) project to turn into a frustrating dead end so that I have an excuse to. For now there’s just way to much other stuff to get done first, because events with dates and stuff ?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.